4WD auto engage

/ 4WD auto engage #1  

Gary Fowler

Super Star Member
Tractor
2009 Kubota RTV 900, 2009 Kubota B26 TLB & 2010 model LS P7010
Today was the first time I noticed that when I apply both brakes when in 2 wd it automatically engages 4 Wheel Drive. I was wondering if anyone else noticed that with their tractors. My drive engages with a flip of a switch electronically, so if your manually engages with a lever, then I doubt it will do what mine does. Just curious if any one else has noticed that with their tractor. I suppose this is a safety feature to give 4 wheel braking when needed.

/ 4WD auto engage #2  
Man.... I sure wish mine did that!!! I keep it in 4x4 almost all the time, because invariably I forget to put it in before going down the hill (did it just the other day again...)

/ 4WD auto engage
I do the same thing when around the farm. The only reason I noticed it was because I was running it down the hiway and when I stopped I noticed the 4 WD light came on. The first thing I checked was to make sure the 4 WD was disengaged which it was. Then I started pressing the brakes and when I pressed both at the same time, the 4 WD engaged. I don't recall that being mentioned in the OM.

/ 4WD auto engage #4  
Nice feature. Wish mine had it: auto put in 4wd when brake applied.

I rarely (only for long trips down driveway) take mine out of 4wd for fear of forgetting to put it back into 4wd when going down hill. Then, it's skidsville & ****-in-pantsville.

Ralph