Any XR 3037C or XR4040C owners here?

/ Any XR 3037C or XR4040C owners here? #21  
I run about 20 to 40 hours per year spreading manure for six horses, grading the barn yard and my drive is about 200 yards long to the county road, so that would include snow plowing around the barnyard, circle drive and road and occasionally going down to take turns plowing in front of the mailboxes as well as helping the elderly neighbor out next door that can never get his little Yanmar started or unstuck! I use about 10 to 15 gals of fuel a year and about 10 gallons of gasoline for the old 8n, not very much expense even at $4 a gallon!

/ Any XR 3037C or XR4040C owners here?
Do you know how tall your dump trailer is? My 4047 has a bit more lift height than the 3037, but less clearance in the fully dumped position (deeper bucket?). I can load a small (6 wheel) dump truck, or 30yd rolloff, but that's about the limit. If I could change one thing, it would be to add maybe a foot to the lift height....but there are ways around it, and it doesn't come up often for me.

My dump trailer is 82" tall with the sides on. I have never taken the sides uff due to the amount of brush i haul......

/ Any XR 3037C or XR4040C owners here? #23  
My dump trailer is 82" tall with the sides on. I have never taken the sides uff due to the amount of brush i haul......

You should be able to load it with the sides on....the 3037 has 90" of lift, and almost 80" of learance at full dump. In short, the lip of the bucket would be 2" below the trailer sides at full dump, and you could even compress the load somewhat by lowering the bucket.

/ Any XR 3037C or XR4040C owners here?
You should be able to load it with the sides on....the 3037 has 90" of lift, and almost 80" of learance at full dump. In short, the lip of the bucket would be 2" below the trailer sides at full dump, and you could even compress the load somewhat by lowering the bucket.

You know what's crazy?? The 4046 is a bigger tractor all the way around but still lacks in that area!

96.1 lift
65.8 clearance
24.5 reach

90.7 lift
79.5 clearance
20.4 reach

Massey 3036
102 lift
94.5 clearance
15 reach

/ Any XR 3037C or XR4040C owners here? #25  
You know what's crazy?? The 4046 is a bigger tractor all the way around but still lacks in that area!

96.1 lift
65.8 clearance
24.5 reach

90.7 lift
79.5 clearance
20.4 reach

Massey 3036
102 lift
94.5 clearance
15 reach

I think that's likely due to a bucket that is deeper front to back. The 4046 has more lift height, and reach, so the only way I can see more lift height, and less clearance is from bucket size....it's deeper, and hangs down more at full dump.

/ Any XR 3037C or XR4040C owners here? #26  
Here's a good example of the differences in loader characteristics of the 4047 & Massey 1648, direct "competitors" for nearly each stat except lift height. The two places I see the LS' loader could use improvement in getting higher, would be a longer lift cylinder (to get more vertical), and some changes to the SSQA mounting points ... they seem to stay "above" the bucket more than the others I've seen during dump:

ForumRunner_20140317_213518.png

ForumRunner_20140317_213533.png

ForumRunner_20140317_213553.png

ForumRunner_20140317_213647.png

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20140317_213618.png
    ForumRunner_20140317_213618.png
    472.3 KB · Views: 256
   / Any XR 3037C or XR4040C owners here? #27  
I have this tractor and the bucket is huge. it holds over a ton in one scoop. pretty amazing.

/ Any XR 3037C or XR4040C owners here? #28  
My 3037 works just fine, the loader has a lot more capacity than my old 1725 and it has worked just fine for 14 years, I just had to move more loads because of it's smaller bucket and capacity. I think that you can analyze the specs until you paralyze them, every brand of tractor has some great features and some poor features, as an individual, you just have to figure what you really need, what you can get by with because of something else that you really want/need and what you are willing to pay for it. The LS line has a better warranty than any other tractor out there and has a huge price advantage over the competition, not a couple of thousand, but many thousands, so my two neighbors have green bloOd in their veins, when they looked at my 3037 they scoffed about resale, parts, color, blah, blah, but when the neighbor that bought the same JD3520 that I passed on and he paid the JD dealer $2000 more than my deal was for on that tractor and then found out that I bought the 3037 with more accessories, got a better warranty and paid $14,000 less for a comparable tractor, he hadn't talked to me since! Not my fault he didn't do any homework before he sold his HD and is making JD tractor payments for the balance when he could have bought an LS and have it paid for!!!

/ Any XR 3037C or XR4040C owners here? #29  
Here's a good example of the differences in loader characteristics of the 4047 & Massey 1648, direct "competitors" for nearly each stat except lift height. The two places I see the LS' loader could use improvement in getting higher, would be a longer lift cylinder (to get more vertical), and some changes to the SSQA mounting points ... they seem to stay "above" the bucket more than the others I've seen during dump:

View attachment 365808

View attachment 365809

View attachment 365810

View attachment 365812

Wow that really is a difference in height between the 2 / 3 of them. You really don't realize the difference totally by looking at the specs but when side by side it is really noticeable. But then like also said previously every tractor has the advantages and disadvantages I guess your comparison shown one. But I still wouldn't kick an LS out of bed (so to speak) for the difference.

/ Any XR 3037C or XR4040C owners here? #30  
Wow that really is a difference in height between the 2 / 3 of them. You really don't realize the difference totally by looking at the specs but when side by side it is really noticeable. But then like also said previously every tractor has the advantages and disadvantages I guess your comparison shown one. But I still wouldn't kick an LS out of bed (so to speak) for the difference.

Yeah, LS really needs to step up with the loader on this model. They have the LOWEST numbers in the segment for lift height & dump clearance. Guesseral, I actually believe that YOUR loader is much better than the LS ones. I was looking at specs the other day, and it compares very favorably with the other tractors in this size (for lift height & clearance) even though the max lift weight is still right around the same as the LS loader. Too bad LS didn't use the loader that Montana puts on.