Any XR 3037C or XR4040C owners here?

/ Any XR 3037C or XR4040C owners here? #1  

mjstef

Gold Member
Tractor
LS XR3037C
Looking at upgrading from my 1725 NH to an LS in one of the above flavors. Really wanting into a cab tractor. I was able to demo a 4046 today but it was a Hydro. I want a shuttle. Better fuel economy and i can idle around if need be. So if anyone has one of the new XR's lets hear about it!

/ Any XR 3037C or XR4040C owners here? #2  
I have the XR4046HC hydro and you don't have to throttle up to drive it. I can idle around also. just so you know. I love my hydro and the size of my tractor but it could be too big to some people - if there is such a thing.:2cents:
Looking at upgrading from my 1725 NH to an LS in one of the above flavors. Really wanting into a cab tractor. I was able to demo a 4046 today but it was a Hydro. I want a shuttle. Better fuel economy and i can idle around if need be. So if anyone has one of the new XR's lets hear about it!

/ Any XR 3037C or XR4040C owners here?
I have the XR4046HC hydro and you don't have to throttle up to drive it. I can idle around also. just so you know. I love my hydro and the size of my tractor but it could be too big to some people - if there is such a thing.:2cents:

My problem with Hydro's is 4 fold,

#1. Dealer here is 125 miles away and i don't understand a hydro system enough to work on it but i have split many tractors growing up on a farm to put clutches in Ect.

#2, Here in the mountains Hydro's suck the power out of a machine. I have rented Hydro deere's in the past and when mowing and going uphill they fall flat on their face and you end up at a snails pace to be able to run the bush hog and the hydro. My 1725 will walk up the same hills with very little loss of power.

#3, In my experience hydro's suck when it's 30 below zero.

#4, Initial investment is just about $2,000 more than a shuttle.

I guess i'm just old school as i still drive a stick shift diesel pickup. Can't STAND how the newer automatic trucks are always hunting gears!!! Have you used any PTO powered equipment? Does the PTO snap in hard or is it dampened? Not a huge fan of electric PTO's. Would rather have a lever to slip in.....

/ Any XR 3037C or XR4040C owners here? #4  
You like a stick shift and that is what you want. you are right in liking and wanting what you are used to. there is merit in a gear tractor. Hope all works out.

/ Any XR 3037C or XR4040C owners here? #5  
You like a stick shift and that is what you want. you are right in liking and wanting what you are used to. there is merit in a gear tractor. Hope all works out.

+1 ^^^^

Our experience with the LS HST's has been fantastic, but you sound like a gear man, plain and simple. Both tractors will have the electric over hydraulic PTO switch, which uses a clutch to ease the engagement, but it's still fairly abrupt. We always recommend (and so does LS) throttling down before you engage the PTO. I had one customer on a P7010 who cheaped out on a small shear pin brush mower, and he'd break a shear pin every time he engaged the PTO without lowering engine revs.... not an issue on a better matched combo, of course...he eventually came in and bought a better mower from us.
On the gear drive models you can switch the PTO into "auto" mode so that it behaves like a live PTO..... flip the PTO switch with the clutch pedal depressed and it won't do anything until you start feathering it in with the clutch pedal.

I need to pester some of my XR4046 customers to get on TBN and start sharing...sold three of them last month... everybody's too busy trying to make a living I guess :)

You're wise to give them a close look....really nice tractors. Those Shibaura motors are SOLID

/ Any XR 3037C or XR4040C owners here? #6  
My R3039 is a gear shuttle, our property is very hilly and I like the gear transmission. I keep mine in low or middle range never high range. The 4 speed transmission is all synchro and can be shifted while moving.

/ Any XR 3037C or XR4040C owners here? #7  
I have a new XR3037HC. Bought it two weeks ago. Really like having a factory cab. Main use is snow removal but will find plenty to use it for in summer. I had a Mahindra 2615HST w/ loader, aftermarket cab and heater. Sold it with only 466 hours on it. Went to the local farm show looking to upgrade to a 35-40HP cab tractor and got the chance to see various makes and models. Compared Case, Massey Ferguson, LS, Mahindra, Deere, Kioti, Kubota, and New Holland. Some had cabs some did not. After seeing them all and comparing standard features on each I thought the LS was the best for the money. I stayed with the HST since I like it for my uses. LS builds tractors for New Holland, Case, McCormick, Farmtrac, Landini, Montana and others. I have only put 11 hours on it plowing snow so far but really enjoy it.

/ Any XR 3037C or XR4040C owners here? #8  
I got a new XR4046c a few weeks ago also. Still getting use to were the loader control is . I keep grabbing the gear lever. This tractor replaces the 300dct Farmtrac that I traded in. Which was built by LS a very dependable tractor. It was time for a cab and more horse power. I just should have bought it before winter and I wouldn't have looked like Frosty the snowman when I was done with the drive. I do not think you can go wrong with either model . I would buy the biggest model you can afford.

/ Any XR 3037C or XR4040C owners here?
Awesome responses! Just another reason to LOVE this site! Got a price tonight. Trading in my 1999 1725 with 1,700 hours on it. They are allowing $8,500 trade in and the difference on the XR3037C would be $17,550 and on the XR4040C would be $19,650. This is from my 2nd closest dealer 250 miles away. The closer dealer 120 miles away was $12,000 on trade in and difference of $23,115 on the XR4040C. Didn't price the 3037 with him. He must have been quoting full retail. Any thoughts on the price?

/ Any XR 3037C or XR4040C owners here? #10  
Just bought a XR4046HC and paid $27,200 out the door.