R-series : rough and unsafe ride ?

/ R-series : rough and unsafe ride ? #1  

EuroYanmar

Gold Member
Tractor
Tractormatic
Good morning from EEC,

After a while out of the forum I am now considering buying an LS tractor 40 HP (R or XR series) to replace my old Yanmar AF22.
A good bunch of these tractors are sold here, on the used market, after 50 or 100 hours only.
Two of the sellers (french farmers working on hilly properties or vineyards) explained me these LS tractors are unsafe because the front axle doesn't have enough angular lash.
The consequence of this is, on rough ground, the tractor stays often on the front right wheel and on the rear left Wheel (or the opposite situation). I don't know the word for this in English but we call it here "crossing bridge situation".

According to these owners these LS tractor are unsafe in comparaison with others brands. That is the reason why they re-sell their tractors so soon.

Any LS US owner on the forum observed such a behaviour ?

Thanks for help,

Phil

/ R-series : rough and unsafe ride ? #2  
I wear mine out on side hills, knocking down 70ft trees and bouncing it over 6IN stumps in the smoking hills of Tennessee.

Let me ask you this, how many LS tractors have you seen rolled over with your own eyes?

Also if you are in a "crossing bridge situation", you are simply using the wrong equipment. Get the right tool for the job. Possible a tractor isn't it.

/ R-series : rough and unsafe ride ? #3  
EuroYanmar,
If you are in a very hilly situation, maybe a Goldoni, BCS/Ferrari, or Antonio Carraro are better suited than an LS?
Tom

/ R-series : rough and unsafe ride ? #4  
Uneven ground seems to be what is causing the frame cracking issue. My new holland hits the stops all the time and has quite a bit of travel. Not sure how much travel the LS has before it hits the stops...........

/ R-series : rough and unsafe ride ?
Thanks for answer breadtrk,

I cannot speak a lot about LS tractors as they are not very numerous in France.
What I know is from farmers who own R-series and are reselling them.
What kind of tires have you got on your LS ? industrial or agri ?

Phil

Hi Tbolt76,

I know very well those italian tractors and for us it is very easy to go to Italy and buy one at a good price.
The problem is I don't really like them. Nothing better than US, Japanese and corean tractors !
We says that "the grass is always greener far from home" !

Phil

Uneven ground seems to be what is causing the frame cracking issue. My new holland hits the stops all the time and has quite a bit of travel. Not sure how much travel the LS has before it hits the stops...........

Thanks mjstef for this answer.
I think it is a kind of confirmation of what I have been told by these farmers.
Maybe it is not really a question of front axle lash but a question of travel untill the tractor hits the stops

Phil

/ R-series : rough and unsafe ride ? #8  
Thanks mjstef for this answer.
I think it is a kind of confirmation of what I have been told by these farmers.
Maybe it is not really a question of front axle lash but a question of travel untill the tractor hits the stops

Phil

Where are you at in France? We have an exchange student with us this month from the Rhone Alps area...........

Mjstef,

According to your message I guess we may have the same job.

I send you a PM.

Phil