LS Tractor XR4046H Broken Tie Rod Flange

/ LS Tractor XR4046H Broken Tie Rod Flange #21  
I would sure hope that LS sorts out this problem with the steering knuckle breaking.
When I contacted Jinma regarding my failures, all I got was a replacement new part free. I know that Jinma continue to sell these parts without any improvements that can be easily seen - maybe better material that cannot be seen. I do know other makes use similar shaped parts but have no idea how well they perform or last.
In my eyes, a part that experiences loading in a similar manner, should be made from a better material than cast iron.

Here is a Mahindra occurrence and there are other makes that I am aware of.

http://www.tractorbynet.com/forums/mahindra-owning-operating/118151-broken-tie-rod-mount.html

So this is not a new or isolated problem, but more likely both a design and materials choice problem - in a way very similar to what we are finding out with GM and their ignition switch problem. Cheap tp fix the problem but the company decided to save pennies and risk customer lives.

Anyway, just thought a bit more back round on this problem will help.

/ LS Tractor XR4046H Broken Tie Rod Flange #23  
Every time I get in my tractor right by the door is this warning label note the 1st line.

/ LS Tractor XR4046H Broken Tie Rod Flange #24  
L4610Hub.jpgI took a comparison pic of my neighbors Kubota L4610 Left hub. Looks about the same as my R4041 hub.

Tom

/ LS Tractor XR4046H Broken Tie Rod Flange #25  
Every time I get in my tractor right by the door is this warning label note the 1st line.

Warning label? We don't need no stinking warning labels! :)

/ LS Tractor XR4046H Broken Tie Rod Flange #26  
Warning label? We don't need no stinking warning labels! :)
It was said that there is no notice anywhere that weight needs to be added to rear of tractor when using the FEL.

/ LS Tractor XR4046H Broken Tie Rod Flange #27  
Sorry, just quoting Blazing Saddles. ;)

/ LS Tractor XR4046H Broken Tie Rod Flange #28  
I do not think it was anything 350z was doing wrong. My left front hub broke at the exact same place his did. XR4046 with 12 hours. I did not have a load in the loader but I did bump a side of a hill. Not nearly hard enough bump that should have broke anything. I could not get hold of the dealer today but will talk with him on Monday.
John

/ LS Tractor XR4046H Broken Tie Rod Flange #29  
Hey Guys,

I have a LS 4046 that went 51 hours before the LH Tie-rod Flange broke, was repaired and then 3 hours later the LH Tie-rod Flange broke AGAIN...so now it is back at the shop again for a new one to be installed..... So I was wondering if your issue was resolved or is you are still experiencing problems but havn'e posted any updates? Fortunately when the flange broke, it was in a trailer accessable area and I was able to get it loaded, but I'm real leary to do much concerned that it's going to break yet again and I'm not going to be able to get it loaded to take to the dealer.....the dealer has been GREAT by the way....no complaints with them...

/ LS Tractor XR4046H Broken Tie Rod Flange #30  
I noticed that my castle nut was loose, so I cranked it down and after reading this post on this amazing site with awesome people, I was wondering if anyone new the correct tq specs so I can make it right before I break something! I do a lot of heavy loader work with my r4041h with 172 hours on it! Usually have 500, 800 lbs or the backhoe on! Sorry about my grammar!