Proud owner of a new owner's manual

/ Proud owner of a new owner's manual
Did some more mods to the old girl, I removed the component speakers I put in due to them being blown and replaced with some cheap 5.25" from eBay called Renegade.
I took the original 4" that I bought to just drop in from the beginning that I never used and found a place for them in the dash.
Sounds pretty good.

For those just looking to drop in 4"
The Rockford Fosgate sound darn good. I probably could have gotten away with just them.

Next is replace the factory aux light switches. I did find that the installed factory can be lit, but I figured that if I'm going to rewire I might as well install the switches I like.

I was going to upload the pics but from my pad it crashed.

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20150422_223021.png
    ForumRunner_20150422_223021.png
    413 KB · Views: 393
  • tractor - 5.jpg
    tractor - 5.jpg
    39.6 KB · Views: 364
   / Proud owner of a new owner's manual #22  
Did some more mods to the old girl, I removed the component speakers I put in due to them being blown and replaced with some cheap 5.25" from eBay called Renegade.
I took the original 4" that I bought to just drop in from the beginning that I never used and found a place for them in the dash.
Sounds pretty good.

For those just looking to drop in 4"
The Rockford Fosgate sound darn good. I probably could have gotten away with just them.

Next is replace the factory aux light switches. I did find that the installed factory can be lit, but I figured that if I'm going to rewire I might as well install the switches I like.

I was going to upload the pics but from my pad it crashed.

You blew out speakers on a "TRACTOR"??? How could you tell??? ;-)

The ones I put in were over 12 years old but were expensive so I thought why not try. Bad from the get go.

Tonights work trying to level out a pad for a round pen.
My helpers...

ForumRunner_20150429_232453.png

ForumRunner_20150429_232510.png

First time hogging in over 20 years.

ForumRunner_20150517_204228.png

I added some illuminated switches. You can actually power the factory switches. But I wanted them to be both lit when off and to lite when turned on.
They are just undersized for the factory holes, so I had to epoxy them in place from the back.
I tapped into the interior light for power.

ForumRunner_20150524_001255.png

ForumRunner_20150524_001320.png

Judging by the gauge of the wire the factory must use relays to power the lights.
When I added my front LED bar I added one anyways, always have for any lighting project I've had.
If I want get fancy with additional switches I will probably cut the whole center part out and cut a new one on the laser.

Welded on some expanded metal, and painted it tonight.

ForumRunner_20150901_233700.png

ForumRunner_20150901_233727.png

When I received the tractor I removed the passenger side step first thing as it has no function since the controls are in the way for ingress/egress.
I finally got around to mounting a tool box in its place.
I cut apart the factory step and made some modifications.
IMAG0976.jpgIMAG0977.jpg

I still have to wait for the RTV to dry so I can clean it up and paint.

Is a $20 box from Lowes, I removed a latch and the top handle due to clearance restrictions.

So now I have a good place to store my chains, I was keeping one in front of the hydro-stat peddles but then a link slipped between the floor mat and the linkage and caused a scare when it stuck.

Attachments

• IMAG0978.jpg
    IMAG0978.jpg
    594.6 KB · Views: 511
  • IMAG0979.jpg
    IMAG0979.jpg
    642.1 KB · Views: 541
  • IMAG0980.jpg
    IMAG0980.jpg
    540.7 KB · Views: 494
   / Proud owner of a new owner's manual #29  
I like your modifications, thinking outside the box. I like the tool box you installed, I have the storage area behind the seat jammed full of emergency parts and wrenches. Not much room. If your tool box is rugged enough, you could still use it to stand on.

Dec. 4 2015.jpg

I can stand on it but I would not want to jump on it the box is not that thick of a gauge.