XR4046

/ XR4046 #1  

hd5

Silver Member
Tractor
MF2705, MF135 XR4046H
I have a 67 MF135 and a mf2705 , and really need a tractor with a loader. Getting old is not as much fun as it is made out to be...
I need to put out 4x5 hay bales and clean out barn move brush etc. I sat on a 3039 and it felt to small for me.
I am selling about twenty acres of timber to finance part of it. Probably gonna be cleaning up after that also.
Does a 4046 sound about like what I might need? How much would be considered a good price?
Any advice will be appreciated.

/ XR4046 #2  
Where are you located? Should be able to pick up an XR4047C (cab) for about 28K.....

/ XR4046 #3  
I have the xr4046HC which is the Hydrostat model with a cab. I can load over a ton on my large-6' wide bucket. I added a grapple to clear a lot of brush and downed trees from my 35 acres. I personally think it is the perfect size for a small farm operation. the nice part is it comes with two rear remotes which I have set up with hydraulic top and tilt on the three point which makes bush hogging really rough areas much easier. I don't do any haying but the quick attach on the front end will make it a breeze for you to switch to a hay spear-forks setup. I have one and the tractor would be able to move a large round bale no problem. it is a larger machine than a sub compact but with that you get the weight and stability needed to deal with larger objects. For me it is the perfect size. I wouldn't want a larger one nor any smaller either. I love my hydro for going back and forth with the loader which it sounds like you would be doing a lot of. the price is higher but well worth it if you can afford it. Is it perfect? no but all of them are a compromise. it does the most I wanted for the best price I could find.

/ XR4046
Southeast Mo. I want one without a cab, will be working in the woods some and foresee bad things happening to a cab... Also, how do these tractors start on 20 degree days? Do they have to be plugged in? My 135 is gas and starts no matter what, the 2705 is a different matter and naturally it is the one with a cab. So on cold days I am freezing my tail off putting out hay. Because the warm tractor won't start. I have no electric where the barn and cows are. I leave a tractor in the barn with a bale of hay already on the spear so I can feed quickly after work.
thanks

/ XR4046
Thanks for the input. Thats what I was wanting to know, if it would handle what you are talking about.
How much more is the hydrostat? Would love to have it, but don't know if I am going to have enough timber, I am going to very selectively cut this patch. I need there to be something left in twenty years if the wife and I need the money when we are in our seventys. We are both 56 now.

What do the model numbers mean? 4046c is cab, right? 4046hc is hydrostat with cab?

/ XR4046 #6  
I'm from No. east Ar. -Pocahontas, so our weather is about the same. I also have a cab and a lot of woods. the cab allowed me to use the tractor year round and was comfortable. My tractor started even on the coldest mornings, I would just preheat the glow plugs a couple of times first, but it did grunt when it was really cold. I don't have a block heater on mine but probably will put one on just to keep things fully charged and warm. you could also use jumpers on a super cold morning just to boost the battery. I cleared our drives of snow, something I didn't even think of when I bought it. What city are you in?

/ XR4046 #7  
Check out Magee's in Poplar Bluff Mo., he did me really well. I saved thousands compared to others. A plug but they earned it. I paid $32,900 delivered but I got the backhoe setup with it also. I don't know what the difference was for the hydro as I didn't price it the other way.

/ XR4046 #8  
20131117_140029.jpgmy tractor with grapple, it just makes clearing brush a breeze.

/ XR4046 #9  
Yes it will handle big round bales easily. It's a good idea to have counterweight on the back when moving them. I think hydro is about $1500 more than the gear model.

Attachments

• 20140526_100412.jpg
    20140526_100412.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 1,368
   / XR4046 #10  
Southeast Mo. I want one without a cab, will be working in the woods some and foresee bad things happening to a cab... Also, how do these tractors start on 20 degree days?

Southwest Missouri, here. Tractor started fine all winter clearing out our strange monthly snowstorms. Tractor is parked inside unheated barn. I have the Tier III Mitsu motor, though, so not really comparable to Tier IV Shibaura.

Closing in on 150 hours & one year of ownership. No issues; never seen the dealer again.

I also have a lot of woods. The most scratches on my tractor is the ROPS, dirtiest part is the floorboard. Nope, no cab for me either.

Hydrostat recommended. $1,000 more at the time.

My R4041H is the same physical size & weight as R4047H. Will spin all four tires using box blade. Good power for weight. PTO right on for 6' implements.

Unless you really like burning more fuel consider XR4040H?

Might try Webster County Tractor [(417) 859-4311] for price comparisons.

Bob