4041 fuel capcity

/ 4041 fuel capcity #1  

ggedda

Tractor
LS 4041H
:dance1:Anyone know right off how many gallons a 4041 holds ? In the red it only took 5 gallons to top it off, just wondering how much was left in the tank....... thanks

/ 4041 fuel capcity
Thanks,so the fuel guage is not very accurate I guess , just did not want to run it out , does anyone know if that causes a problem

/ 4041 fuel capcity #4  
Thanks,so the fuel guage is not very accurate I guess , just did not want to run it out , does anyone know if that causes a problem

My 4041 is the same way, when the tank is full the gauge shows 3/4. When my gauge gets near "E" I dump 5 gallons in and it pretty much tops off the tank. It's not a good idea to run a Diesel out of fuel, you might have to bleed the air out of the fuel lines and you don't want the nasty stuff in the bottom of the fuel tank in the lines. :)

/ 4041 fuel capcity
Thanks underdog57

My 4041 is the same way, when the tank is full the gauge shows 3/4. When my gauge gets near "E" I dump 5 gallons in and it pretty much tops off the tank. It's not a good idea to run a Diesel out of fuel, you might have to bleed the air out of the fuel lines and you don't want the nasty stuff in the bottom of the fuel tank in the lines. :)

/ 4041 fuel capcity #6  

Yerp, I do the same with my Boomer 50/R4047. 9.5 gallon tank but only 5 gallons to go from fumes to nearly full. It's probably the most inaccurate fuel gauge I've ever seen.

/ 4041 fuel capcity #7  
My 4041 seems to me fairly accurate. Once I hit red I dump 5 gallons in and it brings me to just over 3/4 full! Never really measured to see how accurate as I just use the fuel gauge as a guideline. To scared to let it go dry from all the horror stories of diesels locking up!

/ 4041 fuel capcity #8  
Although not a 4041 (U5030), my gauge has never read right either. Could this be a warranty issue for the dealer to fix?

/ 4041 fuel capcity #9  
The 2013 LS R4041H has a 6 gallon tank.

When showing half full, it only takes 3 gallons to top off.

Maybe they changed that in other years.

Bob

/ 4041 fuel capcity #10  
The 2013 LS R4041H has a 6 gallon tank.

When showing half full, it only takes 3 gallons to top off.

Maybe they changed that in other years.

Bob

No, it's had a 9.5gal tank since released. My R4047, which had the exact same fuel tank, and comes with the same operator's manual had a 9.5gal tank, and mine was made in late 2013.

What the gauge shows, and how many gallons it takes to fill up has no bearing on the tank capacity. There have been more than a few reports of people with gauges reading very high/low and being fixed under warranty. Mine was pretty close...when it got down to around half, I'd dump 5gal in, and it would be be right up to the cap.