2030 hydraulic leak

/ 2030 hydraulic leak #1  

jacob59

Bronze Member
Tractor
LS 2030, 9N, Ford 4600,
I posted earlier about a slight hydraulic leak dripping from the left side of the rear end. I thought it was coming from a loose case bolt but it continued to leak. I couldn't locate it so I took it to the dealer. They seem to think its seeping from the case but want to
pressure test it before they split it and reseal. Now I've been without this tractor going on 2 weeks.Tractor has only 25 hrs on it.
Need to plow my garden. Wish I had my 9N.

/ 2030 hydraulic leak
Turned out the rear case is seeping hydraulic oil under pressure. Dealer says there assembled with a silicone seal. They have been very helpful. I, m going to pick up my tractor tomorrow plow the garden and have them repair it next month. They offered to drop it off for me but there just up the road so I, l'll get it. 5 year warranty is a good thing.

/ 2030 hydraulic leak #3  
Just discovered similar issue on my J2030 with 42 hours on the meter. Dealer is going to pick it up and try to find the leak (somewhere in the hydro area). I thought it was a simple filter seal but they sent a tech out and he says it has to go in to the shop-- doesn't sound good except that I won't have any out of pocket costs-- just have to figure how to keep my 850' driveway clear of snow for a week or so. Harder than you think since I live just south of Lake Ontario so we get a lot of lake effect stuff.
I'm going to give my dealer a heads up on your issue- may save him some time- Thanks

/ 2030 hydraulic leak
Hey PVH. I haven't taken the tractor back yet for repair but I will let you know how it goes when I do. The leak I have is a very slight one but its still a leak. Let me know how it turns out. They may have to split the case.
How does your tractor fair pushing snow or do you blade it.
Thks Jacob.

/ 2030 hydraulic leak #5  
Hey PVH. I haven't taken the tractor back yet for repair but I will let you know how it goes when I do. The leak I have is a very slight one but its still a leak. Let me know how it turns out. They may have to split the case.
How does your tractor fair pushing snow or do you blade it.
Thks Jacob.

Sounds like your leak and mine are very similar- supposed to get a call about when they will pic it up to fix- stay tuned-

BTW I "blow" snow

20140108_145250.jpg

/ 2030 hydraulic leak
Nice set up. Beats a shovel.
Jacob

/ 2030 hydraulic leak #7  
Heads up--Just got the word- My leak results in my dealer having to tear apart and reseal MY entire hydro tranny... thank God no LS parts as dealer says it takes them a week to get any part... so I should have my baby back by Monday..your info was helpful- pointed my dealer in right direction.

/ 2030 hydraulic leak
Thanks for the reply. I haven't taken mine in yet to be repaired but I would be intrested in hearing on how yours turns out and where and how the seal failed. Also how long it took to fix.
Thks Jack

/ 2030 hydraulic leak #9  
Just got a call they are bringing my tractor back this PM. Took them two full days to split the case and reseal. I asked they service guy about the issue and if it was unique or not- He told me it's the third one they've done on this same model- and they said they were done a while ago and owners have not reported a return of the same issue. I guess the LS folks are aware now that there was a defect in the assembly process. Shouldn't cost you a dime and it should take two days- hope it works out for you.

/ 2030 hydraulic leak
Thks again. Merry Xmas!
Jack