LS cab model mirrors for those who live in cold areas

/ LS cab model mirrors for those who live in cold areas #1  

George2615

Tractor
LS XR3037HC
NOTICE TO ALL CAB TRACTOR OWNERS
For those who leave their tractors outside or use them when raining. Water can get in through the opening on top and fill the void behind the mirror with water.
I just noticed today that my mirrors were half full of water. I rotated the mirror 90* and heard water sloshing inside. I had used the tractor in the rain and water gets right in the top and fills up the void behind the mirror. Had I left the tractor outside and the water froze it would have expanded and broken or popped the mirrors right out of their mounts. I drilled a drain hole in the plastic housing bottom and drained out the water.

Last edited:
   / LS cab model mirrors for those who live in cold areas #2  
Good to know! Thanks. I'll check my P7010C mirrors.

CT

/ LS cab model mirrors for those who live in cold areas #3  
I checked my new 4046 mirrors, looks like they put wrap holes in the bottom on this model.

/ LS cab model mirrors for those who live in cold areas
Just an update.
Last week while doing some loader work my right side mirror popped out of the black housing, fell and broke. I ordered a replacement along with filters for my next service. Filters were in stock at dealer and the mirror came in yesterday after only one week. Not bad considering all the weather problems down south.
I did notice that the new mirror does have a drain hole in the bottom so they (LS) must have received calls or maybe numerous orders for replacement mirrors due to the problem I mentioned in my first post. It must have been earlier 3000-4000 series mirrors that didn't have drain holes.

Last edited:
   / LS cab model mirrors for those who live in cold areas #5  
Looked this morning, and yeah, my 3135 has them, too.

Mirror Drain Hole.JPG