LS backhoe questions. please post pics of subframe mount.

/ LS backhoe questions. please post pics of subframe mount. #11  
I'm not sure I can swing cost of new LS unit so I would like to see how the LS subframe attaches (hopefuly
it is 4 point style) so can figure out if i can modify a subframe mount that is a close fit or fabricate one that
I can then attach a used Woods BH7500 or similar backhoe.

Stay patient and watch your local CraigsList every few days. You can land a decent hoe for under $3K
and make the subframe. All you need is a 240V welder, a way to drill big holes, and moderately handy
skills.

How much does the LS3039 weigh and what pressure/flow does the implement pump put out?

/ LS backhoe questions. please post pics of subframe mount.
Ah, I've been studying your work ... I'm glad you chimed in. I may PM you asking questions.

The tractor is basically 3K lbs., loader adds a bit over 1K lbs. and my rear tires are loaded and that adds about another 760lbs so I'm guessing its around 5K lbs. total.

The manual says it can do 8.6 GPM at 23-2400psi (going from memory). Don't know if that is good enough or if a PTO pump is needed. A used PTO driven Woods 7500 I was looking at said its pump did 8GPM.

I found out today why dealers have been ignoring my requests for quotes .... the factory has no more subframes for the R3039 so you can't get a factory backhoe. And if you could get Korea to do one it is a long lead time and big $$$ to get one.

I'm finding used hoes for like $3K but then I find out they are 16yrs old and are on their 3rd owner. Meanwhile a brand new Mateng or Ansung 3pt. can be had for $4-5K.

So that might be the direction I go (I like what I read about the Ansung BH760) and fab my own mount since the factory solution looks unobtainable.

... and yes, I have metal band saw, arc, mig and tig welders and know enough to be dangerous with them. My first mod was reinforcing the top of FEL bucket and welding on three chain hooks which have been fantastic.

/ LS backhoe questions. please post pics of subframe mount. #14  
The manual says it can do 8.6 GPM at 23-2400psi (going from memory). Don't know if that is good enough
or if a PTO pump is needed. A used PTO driven Woods 7500 I was looking at said its pump did 8GPM.

Your tractor puts out plenty of flow and pressure. No need for a PTO pump, and they offer no advantages,
either.

If you buy one of the newer Korean hoes (LITW, Ansung, etc), great. Seems that most attachments now
use 2 swing cyls, instead of those older Woods units. There seems to be a new series of Chinese hoes
out there, too. They seem much better, on paper, than the common LW-7/8 that's been out there for a
while.

Even if you can order a subframe, you may wait many weeks, as I did with Woods, and the product is
not all that great. Subframes from these aftermarket makers often are made to stick
too far out back, IMO.

What are the dimensions of the rectangle tube the subframe rail is made from?

In the front, is that some kind of a pin that runs thru to the other side to hold the front of the subframe to the FEL undercarriage?

Heres the front hookup.
View attachment 400428
Here's backhoe with lift arms and stabilizers on.
View attachment 400429
No top link needed.
Hope this helps.

I pulled the trigger on an Ansung BH760 today.

I'm interested on hearing how you guys have your backhoe plumbed ... off remotes or some other setup. I'd like to know the most optimal setup. Does LS make a direct return kit like some of the other mfrs.?

/ LS backhoe questions. please post pics of subframe mount. #17  
100_0683.JPG
100_0684.JPG
100_0685.JPG
100_0686.JPG
100_0687.JPG
100_0688.JPG
100_0689.JPG
f
FRAME IS APPROXIMATELY 4inx2in
rear remote with indent kit
2 pins are used.
first 4 pics are front
last 3 are rear
Cheers

Great! Thanks. I priced some drops at my local metal dealer the other day and A500 4x2 rectangle tubing is what I was lookin at.

Ready to build R3039 backhoe subframe mount

I'm now ready to build my backhoe mount for my BH760. I've been looking at other subframe designs but I really like the 4 point style but don't know that I have enough room between ROPS and 3pt. lift to make one work (the R3039 is pretty compact width wise).

I have the existing 2x2 box tube loader support that runs from the FEL mount back to the axle where the ROPS connects. I've not seen pictures of a ladder frame backhoe mount that can co-exist with the FEL supports but I'm guessing it runs along the inside of the FEL supports.

A co-worker has a Bradco 4pt. mount on his TC45 and last weekend I went over and took pictures of it plus looked at a Woods install manual of one of their 4pt. mounts so here is what I've come up with so far and what my concerns are:

First, a 1st grade sketch of what I'm thinking:

4pt_backhoe_mt.png

The blue horizontal line represents my existing 2x2 FEL supports that run from the front of the tractor to the rear and connect where axle & ROPS meet. My idea was to cut out thick plate steel (about 1" thick) in the shape of the orange mount depicted in the picture and weld a mount point to the existing 2x2 FEL support in front of the axle and another mount that connects to the holes where the ROPS and FEL supports attach to axle housing. The backhoe would then have 1.5" diameter pins that sit in the 4pt. mount cradle.

The sway bars would have to be moved out of the way and bungy corded toward the center.

My main concern with this setup is the existing 2x2 box tube. Would it be strong enough for this setup or should I replace it with the 2x4 AR500 tube (3/16" thick) I bought a while ago when I was considering a ladder frame type mount? If I cut the 2x2 out and replace it with the 2x4, it will hang down another inch or two reducing the ground clearance under the tractor ... I don't like that. If I used the 2x4 tube with the 4" section horizontal instead of vertical (not as strong that way) then I'll have the same ground clearance I have now.

I'll post some pics of the Bradco 4pt. on the TC45 to better show what I'm trying to do:

This is the orange part in my crude drawing ... the 4 point cradle:

100_0076.jpg

The wings on the backhoe with the 1.5" diameter pins I mentioned:

100_0075.jpg

100_0074.jpg

Last edited:
   / LS backhoe questions. please post pics of subframe mount. #20  
Hey I just got my backhoe off but I didn't get to measure or spend much time with it. I got in early this morning and leaving out in a few to head to Utah. Here is what I got. I'll have more time when I get back and try to do better

image-3599977032.jpg