Loader Joystick handle loose

/ Loader Joystick handle loose #1  

George2615

Tractor
LS XR3037HC
For those of you with cab models my loader joystick handle loosened up while I was out plowing snow today.
I don't know if open station joysticks have the plastic shroud cover but tightening the lock nut should be the same.
It was an easy 5 minute fix.
1) Remove small round plastic front screw cover from plastic shroud and remove phillips head screw.
2) Remove round plastic cover behind loader stick and remove 10MM bolt.
3) Lift plastic loader cover up and over stick and set it on seat.
4) Loosen 2 - 12MM bolts on front of loader stick. (Need to loosen because the rubber boot is sandwiched between 2 pieces of metal in the back and will tear if you try to lift the boot).
5) Raise boot up to expose loader stick threads and lock nut.
6) Tighten lock nut with 22MM wrench. (I backed the nut up first and put some loctite on the threads).
7) Reverse procedure to put back together.

Last edited:
   / Loader Joystick handle loose #2  
Thanks for the info George!!! Always good to know what to look for & how to fix it! :). :thumbsup:

/ Loader Joystick handle loose #3  
Thank you George.

/ Loader Joystick handle loose #4  
George, when your handle loosened up what it real loose? I noticed mine has a little play in it which may be normal. Not much play but maybe a 1/4" side to side and front to back. Should it be fairly tight?

/ Loader Joystick handle loose
George, when your handle loosened up what it real loose? I noticed mine has a little play in it which may be normal. Not much play but maybe a 1/4" side to side and front to back. Should it be fairly tight?

I'm not talking about a little side to side / front to back play or looseness. I'm saying I could have unscrewed the entire joystick handle when the locking nut loosened up. It's a weird feeling when you grab the joystick and the stick is loose.

/ Loader Joystick handle loose #6  
Ok thanks. Mine has a little play. Nothing big. Probably normal.

/ Loader Joystick handle loose #7  
Glad you posted this. Mine did the exact thing the other day and when I tightened it back up it was crooked. Dont feel right when its crooked like that. I will have to do this.

/ Loader Joystick handle loose
Glad you posted this. Mine did the exact thing the other day and when I tightened it back up it was crooked. Dont feel right when its crooked like that. I will have to do this.

I guess I got too aggressive grabbing the stick to dump the bucket and made it loosen up.