New top link

/ New top link #1  

Tarnold

Bronze Member
Tractor
Ls 3038h, ford 1900
Posted earlier about the cheap adjustable top link that came with my 3038. Just got back from TS with a new one. Difference is like night and day and only $22. Old one the "eyes" we're welded on a 3/4" screw rod.(not very well!). New one has the eyes cast into the screw rod and is 1 1/8" thick. Now still got to get the counter weight out of the creek.

/ New top link #2  
Better hurry before the creek freezes!!! :D
Would love to see a pic of the weight in the creek, I'm sure it's not funny for you but my warped sense of humor made me laugh!!! Sorry :confused3:

/ New top link #3  
Breaking that top link got me to thinking. I would hate like heck to be running down a paved road with a disk, back blade or some other attachment and have that thing let go. That could really be a huge problem.

/ New top link #4  
I wonder if a guy should not wait until it happens and get a heavier top link.

/ New top link #5  
I've hauled my 1800# ballast box all of last summer without a problem, hopefully the 40 series tractors have bigger top-links.

/ New top link #6  
I replaced my top link also, but with a hydraulic top link. Money well spent!

/ New top link #7  
Breaking that top link got me to thinking. I would hate like heck to be running down a paved road with a disk, back blade or some other attachment and have that thing let go. That could really be a huge problem.

I have seen where this happened. But it looked like a pull type disk instead of a 3 point disk. It chewed up the pavement that's for sure. I guess a hydraulic cylinder failed only thing i can think of, or if its like my dads he can raise his and put a pin his and pull it with the truck and load the tractor on a trailer. Pin could have broke. Who knows. I bet it was a awful racket.