New to everything.

/ New to everything. #1  

NDunham

Tractor
LS G3033H
So this past year (ie 2014) the wife and I have been looking to get a tractor. We know just about nothing on tractors but we set out to find something that would work for us. We have a simple and almost flat 10 acres that is used primarily for our 2 horses. We feed square bails but might get another horse maybe 2 so us and the kids can all ride together. So knowing that we have pasture maintenance and fence repairs we knew what a tractor would be needed for. Going to local county fairs and AG events in our area we seen a number of rigs that would work great. Sadly many brads had very high prices and others that had great prices came with really crappy sales people and dealers. Brands like Mahindra had a really good chance, being so close to our home and lots to pick from but were rude to my father when he asked some questions and he said well i'm off in 5 mins so come back tomorrow and we can talk. NO GOOD, never looked back as we left that dealer. Finally we went to the Kansas state fair where just about every make of tractor was there. We sat on so many tractors that even I was sick of looking at them. All of a sudden I noticed my oldest boy sitting on a tractor out in an open area where there was a few blue tractors and a couple people sitting on a bench in the hot sun. I went over and my son said he liked this blue one. I got up on the tractor and looked at some of the options, the couple at the bench approached us asking what were we needing to use a tractor for. Long story short I went home with LS on my mind.

I spent the next few months doing some homework to find an LS dealer near my area. This is where things got a bit rough. I have to drive 3 or more hours in any direction to find an LS dealer. Talk about a turnoff. My dad liked the LS enough that he started looking for them online and found a hard deal to beat in Texas. Knowing that my wife would be stationed there for a wile that year a started to humor the idea. Made a few calls to the LS dealer in San Antonio only to learn that the deal was good for instate residents only. Yeah that call ended poorly. So this gave me a new idea. I took the add from the internet and called the 3 closest LS dealers to me. Prescott, KS, Higgansville, MO and Withata, KS. Only 2 of them came back with a positive answer. Now to see what model and financing. Seems that AGCredit is widely used and for some reason hates my past so this search ended really fast only one of the dealers offered local credit and at 3% I was super excited! So in December we became owners of a G3033 with a few extra parts I don't think we could be happier.

20150116_134336[1].jpg

/ New to everything. #2  
Hi neighbor. Welcome. Sorry your search was such a hassle.

/ New to everything. #3  
Welcome aboard! You can get most of your questions answered here......Just ask.
BTW, I am very happy with my LS.

/ New to everything. #4  
:welcome:

Well, sounds like all the rough stuffs behind you now. Enjoy.

/ New to everything. #5  
I found my LS in 2010 by accident while looking for a Kioti dealer (he had stopped selling Kioti's and had LS). I liked them but it was in Baytown Texas and I was going to buy somewhere close to my place in Ark. I ran across it again after looking at all the other brands while looking at the last place I had time to go, a Mahindra dealer who also had LS. I was looking for a 50 HP with cab but the prices were so cheap I ended up with a 70 HP. It was great for what I was doing then, but now I wish I had a 45-50 HP one. No problems with the tractor that I didn't cause and I would buy another in a heartbeat if I ever got in the market again.
I wouldn't even let distance from the dealer influence my decision as most likely you wont ever have to sent your tractor back.

One thing to ask though is if the dealer does field repair for minor items. Some dealers only work in their shop while others will have a field repair truck with mechanic that will come to your house to repair or troubleshoot problems. If they can fix it at your house they will. This is a very worthwhile thing for a dealer to have. TOO BAD that most don't do it. It used to be called CUSTOMER SERVICE.

/ New to everything.
Truthfully it was the hassle that taught me a lot. I very much enjoy the choice I have made and will use it till the day we need a larger tractor. I had it out in the snow this past Saturday and tied some sleds to the back, took the wife and kids for a ride down some of the back roads here. I'm really impressed with the LS I think it was a great choice for a first time buyer.

/ New to everything. #8  
Did you get a response from the Higginsville dealer? That is Diamond R and I just bought a tractor from their Freeburg, MO store (they have 3 locations) and it was a very easy transaction. You can always email, freeburg@diamondrequipment.com and I think that is the owners email address. Give that a shot

/ New to everything.
Did you get a response from the Higginsville dealer? That is Diamond R and I just bought a tractor from their Freeburg, MO store (they have 3 locations) and it was a very easy transaction. You can always email, freeburg@diamondrequipment.com and I think that is the owners email address. Give that a shot

That is where I ended up buying from. They were a huge help and built me a package of implements I would need to do what I was looking to get done.

/ New to everything. #10  
congratulations on closing the deal, and welcome to the forum.