Failed bearing 7010

/ Failed bearing 7010 #1  

Keltic

Bronze Member
Tractor
13 LS 7010C,91 Kubota L4150,Thomas 153S< Can Car C-4,BobCat 35E, BobCat 590,Pete 378 Tandem, Lots of other junk.
Had a bearing in the front hub fail, anyone experience this? Only 500 hrs.

/ Failed bearing 7010 #2  
Full of fluid? Did it get moisture in and freeze? I say you posted it was -20C recently in your neck of the woods!

CT

/ Failed bearing 7010
No, full of oil and it failed while the machine was moving some snow, just started making noise and puked all the oil out on the ground.

/ Failed bearing 7010 #4  
Sounds like catastrophic failure. If your tractor is still under warranty, I'd be calling the dealer! May be more than a bearing failure at this point.

CT

/ Failed bearing 7010
Oh it was, and I must give my dealer, ( Pattersons, in Moncton NB ) kudos for their quick response, replaced the entire hub as an unit and I'm back in business, Thanks to Pattersons and to Earl's in North Sydney NS, for doing the work. I hope it was strange one-off. Tractor is gently used.

/ Failed bearing 7010 #6  
Modify Snow Pusher.jpgI have a 2012 LS7010 that I purchased at Patterson's in Moncton. Did they send the part over to a repair shop in your area, to save you from hauling it all the way to Moncton. That would be a great help. Did they figure out what caused the bearing failure. I did lots of plowing snow this winter as well. I haven't had any trouble with the 7010 since I purchased it new, hope it stays that way.

/ Failed bearing 7010 #7  
Oh it was, and I must give my dealer, ( Pattersons, in Moncton NB ) kudos for their quick response, replaced the entire hub as an unit and I'm back in business, Thanks to Pattersons and to Earl's in North Sydney NS, for doing the work. I hope it was strange one-off. Tractor is gently used.
Yay! ... Will they tell you what happened? Sounds like one part caused a chain reaction to break the hub. ... But maybe simply a casting failure to let parts shift and jam up. :confused3:

/ Failed bearing 7010
Yup they send the parts to a local shop, all the shop could tell me is that the bearing failed and damaged other parts, it started making noise and the tractor was stopped immediately, oil poured out, end of story. As I said, hopefully a one-off, pleased with the tractor otherwise.

/ Failed bearing 7010
Interesting bucket, Ralph, haven't seen one quite like it.

/ Failed bearing 7010 #10  
Just finished putting a new 5/8" wear plate on today. I just about have all the modifications done for another year.

Modified Snow Pusher.jpg