Radio wiring for XR3037HC cab models

/ Radio wiring for XR3037HC cab models #1  

George2615

Tractor
LS XR3037HC
OK guys, for those of you installing aftermarket radios in your cabs here is the wiring for the factory plug.
This will be correct for all 3000 series cabs and I suspect the 4000 series cabs will be the same.
Picture 1 shows the 6 pin radio harness from tractor

Pink wire separate from the harness = 12V Battery Hot
Blue w/white stripe = 12V when ign is on
Black = Ground
Light green w/brown stripe = Right Spkr +
White w/blue stripe = Left spkr -
Green = Right spkr -
Red w/blue stripe = Left spkr +
Last thing to plug in would be the antenna wire into the radio
Second pic shows wiring from my radio (may be different colors on yours)
Also attached is a word doc for the above plug pin out.

Attachments

• DSCN1518 (Large).JPG
    DSCN1518 (Large).JPG
    275 KB · Views: 6,679
  • DSCN1519 (Large).JPG
    DSCN1519 (Large).JPG
    240.4 KB · Views: 5,708
   / Radio wiring for XR3037HC cab models #2  
This was very helpful George, thank you! I'm currently waiting on some speaker spacers I ordered. I'm going to attempt to squeeze some six and a half inch Focals in place of the four inchers.

/ Radio wiring for XR3037HC cab models #3  
This was very helpful George, thank you! I'm currently waiting on some speaker spacers I ordered. I'm going to attempt to squeeze some six and a half inch Focals in place of the four inchers.

I'm curious about your spacers? Could you give more details? The 4" speakers do leave a lot to be desired.

/ Radio wiring for XR3037HC cab models #4  
Thanks for the wiring information, It's duplicated on the 4046's.

Question for anyone who has installed a radio in one of these cabs. What did you use to mount the stereo in the roof? My stereo came with a mounting sleeve, but there does look to be anything to slip it into. I'm familiar with car stereo installs where the vehicle has a "din" mounting bracket that the sleeve slides into.

What did you use? How did your bracket and fitment work?

Thanks,
Scotchity

/ Radio wiring for XR3037HC cab models
Thanks for the wiring information, It's duplicated on the 4046's.

Question for anyone who has installed a radio in one of these cabs. What did you use to mount the stereo in the roof? My stereo came with a mounting sleeve, but there does look to be anything to slip it into. I'm familiar with car stereo installs where the vehicle has a "din" mounting bracket that the sleeve slides into.

What did you use? How did your bracket and fitment work?

Thanks,
Scotchity

My aftermarket radio had a stud sticking out the back of the case. It lined up exactly with a hole in a bracket already there (must be there for the factory radio). I just put a nut on it to hold it in place.

/ Radio wiring for XR3037HC cab models #6  
I know these are old posts but I installed a radio yesterday in my new XR 4150 HC and the wiring descriptions posted by George2516 was right on and made the process so easy! Thanks

/ Radio wiring for XR3037HC cab models #7  
I had the dealer install a really nice Pioneer head unit in my on delivery day. The speakers are
sooooooo horrid that I seldom if ever use it.
I simply use my BT headset.
Plus noise canceling ear pieces make for a much better sound than the Pioneer could ever accomplish.

/ Radio wiring for XR3037HC cab models #8  
I had the dealer install a really nice Pioneer head unit in my on delivery day. The speakers are
sooooooo horrid that I seldom if ever use it.
I simply use my BT headset.
Plus noise canceling ear pieces make for a much better sound than the Pioneer could ever accomplish.

The speakers are so bad that they completely cut out several frequency ranges required to listen to just about anything.

For $37, you can replace them and get pretty decent sound out of it. You'll need to hide a small sub somewhere in the cab for any sort of low end response though. No 4" speaker is going to give you that. I'm pleased with my Kenwood unit and 4" Kicker speakers.

/ Radio wiring for XR3037HC cab models #9  
The speakers are so bad that they completely cut out several frequency ranges required to listen to just about anything.

For $37, you can replace them and get pretty decent sound out of it. You'll need to hide a small sub somewhere in the cab for any sort of low end response though. No 4" speaker is going to give you that. I'm pleased with my Kenwood unit and 4" Kicker speakers.

I upgraded to kicker 4” and Kenwood Marine headunit as well. Was pondering putting 6.5” in but couldn’t bring myself to cut the new headliner. It was a improvement, but I agree it needs a small sub.

/ Radio wiring for XR3037HC cab models #10  
I upgraded to kicker 4” and Kenwood Marine headunit as well. Was pondering putting 6.5” in but couldn’t bring myself to cut the new headliner. It was a improvement, but I agree it needs a small sub.

I made these for a different reason but using the same concept, you could build spacers to give you the room you need to go from 4" to 6.5" without enlarging the holes.

20170917_170340.jpg
20170917_131105.jpg