LSXR4040

/ LSXR4040
Congrats I think you made a good decision. I took my LSXR4040 out today and cut about 3 acres of land. Everything was great untill I hit a mud hole a bogged her down. First time cutting this property and it caught me by surprise. I thought i was in 4wd but when i realized i was not it was to late. Pulled her out with no problem. We have been getting so much rain down here but I could not stand it anymore, I had to go cut. Tractor ran great with no problems, I went through a regen cycle while cutting, the only reason I know this is because the light came on. I did not loose any power at all. I was glad to see this because I was concerned about this on the new tractors. Im am very happy with the performance of the tractor. The tractor is very confortable to drive and handles great. The 3pt hitch did fine. Looking forward to getting back on it ASAP.

/ LSXR4040 #12  
catton93, Glad to hear you're happy with it. I understand your enthusiasm. I'm already getting anxious, now that it's actually been ordered!

Ozley, thanks for that link...I think! Wow, it took forever to get through all that, and then it just stopped. No resolution. I'm assuming that's still an issue with that series?
I'm not into bashing another brand, or my color is better than your color, and I looked real hard at Kubota because there is a good dealer close to me. But that makes me kind of glad that I went with LS.

Thanks,
Bruce

/ LSXR4040 #13  
Carton93 was your dealer able to resolve the jerky lift, If so I'm curious what he did because my xr4040 does the same thing.

/ LSXR4040
No, it still is a little jerky, after doing some research on other tractors, i realized they do jurk also but maybe not quite as much. I find it does not do it as bad with my cutter on it, i am assuming it is because it is heavier and put more of a load on it. I spread 16 yards of dirt with it this afternoon with my box blade and loader and did not notice it as bad while working the tractor.I did find a rattle in the back on the bar where the back lights and trailer hitch mount is. Do you have a rattle on yours? I'm thinking a piece of rubber between the plates will fix that problem. I enjoyed using it today and was very happy with it.

/ LSXR4040 #15  
I have a G3038 and have the same jerky 3pt problem, so its not just the XR's that are doing it. I'd be very interested to see what, if anything, the dealer finds out or does to resolve this.

/ LSXR4040 #16  
I have had this problem since I bought the tractor and didn't really think anything about it since this is the first tractor I've had in about 8 years (except for an old 8N) and I just figured it was a quirk of the tractor or just me. I called my dealer who told me that they have been top in sales in the nation 3 times and sell hundreds of these and this is the first they've ever heard of it. She pointed me to another dealer closer to me that I could take my tractor to for service and they would check it out.

/ LSXR4040 #17  
Carton 93, I havent noticed a rattle on mine but installed a flail mower yesterday and when I try to raise it a small amount the tractor bucks like a wild bronco! I read through the Kubota thread and seams that they have come up with a solution. I hope for some solution from LS because its near impossible to make minor adjustment on the 3 point. I will be contacting my dealer as soon as i have time.

/ LSXR4040
Yes It is hard to make a fine adjustment and the lighter the implement the worse it is. Please let me know if you find out any new info. I put a piece of rubber between the bars today and hope to try it out tommorow. Thanks

/ LSXR4040
Did some dirt work this weekend and the tractor performed very well. I fell like I am getting used tot the 3pt hitch.

/ LSXR4040 #20  
Mine a little jerky. But I got the hang of it pretty quick. I just lay the edge of my hand on the fender and sort of use my wrist to move it in small amounts. That may not make much since until you do it. But you can actually move the lever in such small amounts that the 3 point wont even respond.