#$^*^*%^( %*#@$@^ Regen BS!!!

/ #$^*^*%^( %*#@$@^ Regen BS!!! #1  

mjstef

Gold Member
Tractor
LS XR3037C
OK, This winter at about 70 hours and at 20 below 0 with a lot of starting and shutting down i had a regen episode where the "!" symbol and both regen symbols came on and power was cut to 1800 RPMS. It took over an hour for it to get power back and then everything was normal. Thought it might have been due to the cold. Fast forward to about 90 hours and it did it again in March at home. Temps in the 50's and light use. Never went into initial regen, Just emergency and power cut back. 45 minutes this time before power came back. Called the dealer this time and was told it was likely a fluke thing and to keep an eye on it. Has went through 4 normal regens since then without issue. Just about an hour ago i cranked it up to move some trash out of the shop. Not 5 minutes after i started it BAM!! Same BS again! Now it's sitting in the yard running at 1800 till the **** thing gets done with it's crap. Nobody seems to know WTF is going on and good luck getting it to reproduce at the dealer! SO WISH i would have bought a pre-emissions cab Mahindra or TYM. How the **** the government thinks that burning more fuel to regen the catalyst is better for the air is beyond me!! The tractor itself is great. If i could figure out how to get rid of all the CAT BS i would take a torch to it right now. Anyone else seeing this garbage?? I am gut full of our **** government!!!!

/ #$^*^*%^( %*#@$@^ Regen BS!!! #3  
Ive only had the normal regen cycles (60-80%) levels so far at 76 hours. Have not had a cycle that cut power yet but most of my uses and RPM since new have been under 2000 RPM. I made a similar comment on another thread about wasting fuel when it goes into regen. Quite a few of my runs are for short or small jobs say 20-30 minutes or less. It always seemed to start a cycle when I wanted to put the tractor away. Then I'd have to let it run wasting fuel until the cycle completed. I learned a long time ago to hit the button to postpone regen so it doesn't start a cycle during those short runs.
Sorry to hear yours is going into the full regen mode meaning soot levels are 100-140%.
What type diesel fuel are you using? Maybe try changing brands or mixing in some clear K1 kerosene to the fuel. I assume you are using ULSD (less than 15 PPM). IMO poor fuel quality may lead to high soot conditions.
Since day one I have used a winter blend of ULSD home heating oil (HHO) and Power Service (white bottle) additive.

/ #$^*^*%^( %*#@$@^ Regen BS!!! #4  
I've had the "!" light come on a couple times. Winter time only pushing snow. Not sure on temperature but fairly cold. Never lost any power either time. Light stayed on maybe 20-30 minutes. I contacted my dealer who contacted his rep about it. He thought it was due to the extreme cold. Told me not to worry about it. Never had the light any other time. When it goes into regen I usually let it run the cycle even if I'm getting ready to shut down. That's usually when it comes on. I have hit the postpone button as George stated a time or two. It will just start where it left off next time you start the engine.

/ #$^*^*%^( %*#@$@^ Regen BS!!! #5  
I'm posting this just so I can show my sig line. Sorry you guys are having issues.

Last edited:
   / #$^*^*%^( %*#@$@^ Regen BS!!!
Using premium ULS off road fuel and it causes no issues in my Grashopper mower....................

/ #$^*^*%^( %*#@$@^ Regen BS!!! #7  
I have had the ! light come a few times after regen. The other night it came on and powered down about 20 minutes after the regen was done. I was working the tractor pretty hard diskin some sweet corn ground. After the light came on and lost power I let the tractor idle a few minutes shut it off and restarted it and everything was back to normal.

/ #$^*^*%^( %*#@$@^ Regen BS!!! #8  
I will have to admit that the coming Tier 4 Final "threat" weighed heavily in my purchasing a new tractor when I did in 2012.

/ #$^*^*%^( %*#@$@^ Regen BS!!! #9  
I will have to admit that the coming Tier 4 Final "threat" weighed heavily in my purchasing a new tractor when I did in 2012.

2011, agreed