LS XR4040 HARD START WHEN HOT

/ LS XR4040 HARD START WHEN HOT #1  

Arthuredw

Tractor
LS XR4040 SS
LS XR4040 SS Tier 4. Hard start / no start when hot. If the tractor is shut down by the key, safety switch or stalled, it is hard to start back. The tractor will not catch itself and idle after releasing the foot feed witch will result in the no start situation.. A crank time of 10 - 15 seconds and still not start will surly kill the starter!!!! No issue with starter actuation / operation. Simply will not kick off.... I've found that's it's best to let it set about 5-10 minuets and then try to start.. The issue was first noticed within the first 2 hrs of operation and remains the same. The tractor is a new purchase with .5 hrs and now has 30 hrs My dealer suggested a fuel filter change and that may or may not solve this issue. This post is intended to rule out the possibility of anyone else having this type of issue.. Thanks for reading.......

/ LS XR4040 HARD START WHEN HOT #2  
It does sound like a restriction in the fuel system. If a filter change doesn't cure it I would blow back through the fuel line to the tank with compressed air to see if something is clogging the line. Should be a simple fix.

/ LS XR4040 HARD START WHEN HOT #3  
Hopefully it is the dealer that is going to fix it. At the least give you a new filter to try.

/ LS XR4040 HARD START WHEN HOT #4  
Mine hasnt done it. I have stalled it a few times or got up out of the seat and it a started right back up. I would try to change the fuel filter and go from there.

/ LS XR4040 HARD START WHEN HOT
Is your tractor Tier 4? What dealer did you buy from?

/ LS XR4040 HARD START WHEN HOT #6  
Yes mine is a T4. I got mine form Stringfellow Equipment in Lucedale, MS

/ LS XR4040 HARD START WHEN HOT #8  
So far nothing on mine and I have 8hrs on her