HST Cruise

/ HST Cruise #1  

Bluesteel

Gold Member
Tractor
LS MT 357HC
I finished some mowing this morning and was stopped putting some concrete in the bucket when my wife walked over before she left for work. She found a bolt in the grass which appeared new and clean and definitely off my tractor. Metric with flat washer and lock washer. Looked like the same as would be in the step to the cab. All those were in place. Looked under hood and all over with no luck. Finally crawled underneath to look. Was about to give up when I noticed this round switch thing with a small bracket on it that just didn't look right. Touched it with my fingers and another bolt fell out. The switch is the electric magnet switch for the cruise control. It goes up against the forward pedal on the HST. The bracket on the switch is adjustable so I could see the marks on the bracket where the flat washers were located and bolted it down in the same position. I snugged the bolts down fairly good. Guys with HST may want to check this. 12mm bolts, RT hand side against forward pedal.

/ HST Cruise #2  
Yeah, I found a bunch of loose bolts on mine in the first few weeks. When I did my 200 hour go over I tried as best as humanly possible to lay hands on every bolt on the machine, put it up on my brothers lift. Didn't find any more at all.

/ HST Cruise #3  
fyi on that magnet, make sure you have some air gap on it to the pedal other wise the pedal will stick down

/ HST Cruise #4  
fyi on that magnet, make sure you have some air gap on it to the pedal other wise the pedal will stick down

If it is similar to the one on my Kioti, I adjusted it by placing a business card between the magnet face and the pedal , and pushing it towards the pedal, then tightened the bolts, and removed the card. A business card is somewhere around .004 to .005 inches.

/ HST Cruise #5  
I finished some mowing this morning and was stopped putting some concrete in the bucket when my wife walked over before she left for work. She found a bolt in the grass which appeared new and clean and definitely off my tractor. Metric with flat washer and lock washer. Looked like the same as would be in the step to the cab. All those were in place. Looked under hood and all over with no luck. Finally crawled underneath to look. Was about to give up when I noticed this round switch thing with a small bracket on it that just didn't look right. Touched it with my fingers and another bolt fell out. The switch is the electric magnet switch for the cruise control. It goes up against the forward pedal on the HST. The bracket on the switch is adjustable so I could see the marks on the bracket where the flat washers were located and bolted it down in the same position. I snugged the bolts down fairly good. Guys with HST may want to check this. 12mm bolts, RT hand side against forward pedal.

Thanks for the tip.
I'll check mine.