12 volt

/ 12 volt #1  

hd5

Silver Member
Tractor
MF2705, MF135 XR4046H
Is there a switched 12 volt source under the dash of a XR4046H? I am going to install a camera on the front grille so I can see what I am doing. Haven't found a available 12 volt lead up there.

I know there is a pair unused, on the rops. But I was trying to stay toward the front.

Thanks

/ 12 volt #2  
There is on my 3037 and your 4046 should be the same. Remove the right side panel (ignition side) and probe around with a test light. I have the 7" monitor and 2 cameras and I tapped into a 12V keyed circuit there. Can't tell you which wire I tapped but the monitor and cameras don't draw much amperage.

/ 12 volt
Was it a available socket like on the rop? Or did you tap into something? I have t-taps but hate to do it on a new tractor.
I thought someone said there was a wiring schematic on here, but can't find it.

/ 12 volt #4  
I just went out and looked. Yes, there is an empty white colored 2 wire socket plug. One of the wires has 12V when key is on. I crimped the 3 red (power) wires from my monitor and 2 cameras into a male spade connector and plugged it in the socket. I crimped all the ground (black) wires to a ring connector and put it under a 10MM ground bolt.
I do have wiring posted in another thread for wiring up a radio in cab models but haven't seen any others.

/ 12 volt
I really appreciate you going out and looking, unless you keep your tractor in the living room.....and even then I appreciate it..
As soon as it quits storming here, I am going out to the shop and try to find it

/ 12 volt #6  
It's just a light sprinkle here so didn't get too wet walking out to the garage.
I had to go look because I didn't remember using a scotch lock to tap into another wire. I haven't looked in the service manual wiring diagram to see what that extra plug is for but for now it feeds my monitor and cams.

/ 12 volt
Mine doesn't have the same socket yours does or I couldn't find it. However I found an open terminal on the ignition switch that has 12 volts when the key is turned on.

Where did you mount your cameras and how did you route your wires?

Right now I have the camera black taped to the guard... real classy. but I don't have it hooked up yet, so I didn't want to do anything permanent until I figure out where to position it.

/ 12 volt #8  
My front camera is held on by a round magnet because I need to move it depending on what attachment I have on the front (forks, or bucket). Rear camera is attached to a tool box I mounted on the back. Monitor has a switch to change between cameras. Monitor attached to dash with 2 screws. Routed front cam wires along loader hoses w/ zip ties. Rear cam wires also zip tied to hoses to under cab then up.

Attachments

• DSCN1631 (Large).JPG
    DSCN1631 (Large).JPG
    378.1 KB · Views: 113
  • DSCN1630 (Large).JPG
    DSCN1630 (Large).JPG
    340.4 KB · Views: 103
  • DSCN1629 (Large).JPG
    DSCN1629 (Large).JPG
    269.7 KB · Views: 125
  • DSCN1628 (Large).JPG
    DSCN1628 (Large).JPG