Broken Top Link Bracket Bolt

/ Broken Top Link Bracket Bolt #1  

Underdog57

Veteran Member
Tractor
LS R4041H
I have a 2013 R4041 H. The bolt with 2 nuts broke on my top link bracket, it appears it is welded on the back side only. I was carrying my 1800# ballast box (my 3-point is rated for about 2700#). I just hit a bump and it broke.

Question 1: the tractor is 22 months old and has 216 hrs on it, do you think it is a warranty issue? I have had only 1 minor issue with the tractor since it was new.

#2: Should I just weld the same bolt back in from both sides and grind down the inside so that little "flapper" can fit properly, or just weld it good and leave the flapper down?

#3: Anybody else have this problem?

Let me know what you think,
Thanks

image.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    360.2 KB · Views: 286
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    448.1 KB · Views: 240
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    354.2 KB · Views: 312
   / Broken Top Link Bracket Bolt #2  
1. Yes warranty issue.
2. 1800lbs is a alot ... can u decrease the ballast weight?
I know you said it's rated for more...but a bounce can easily double felt weight force on one link.

/ Broken Top Link Bracket Bolt #4  
That is part of the draft control did you have the other part flipped over to the left at the time or flipped over and covering the bolt that broke.

Edit: I tried put a picture of the draft stopper but it didn't work

/ Broken Top Link Bracket Bolt
That is part of the draft control did you have the other part flipped over to the left at the time or flipped over and covering the bolt that broke.

Edit: I tried put a picture of the draft stopper but it didn't work

It was flipped up, covering the bolt.

1. Yes warranty issue.
2. 1800lbs is a alot ... can u decrease the ballast weight?
I know you said it's rated for more...but a bounce can easily double felt weight force on one link.

I think you are right, I think a bounce did it. I think I will take it a bit slower in the future. I love my ballast box, I don't really want to build another.

/ Broken Top Link Bracket Bolt #8  
I have a 2013 R4041 H. The bolt with 2 nuts broke on my top link bracket, it appears it is welded on the back side only. I was carrying my 1800# ballast box (my 3-point is rated for about 2700#). I just hit a bump and it broke.

Question 1: the tractor is 22 months old and has 216 hrs on it, do you think it is a warranty issue? I have had only 1 minor issue with the tractor since it was new.

#2: Should I just weld the same bolt back in from both sides and grind down the inside so that little "flapper" can fit properly, or just weld it good and leave the flapper down?

#3: Anybody else have this problem?

Let me know what you think,
Thanks

View attachment 435178View attachment 435179View attachment 435180
More like a design issue. The bolt should float on both ends. The stress riser at the weld is bad enuf in the cyclic hi tensile situation inherent in the setup, but there is also some chance of side loads. Even slight rocking of the 3pt pin mount bracket would make matters much worse.

Update;
Took the broken part to my dealer and he welded it up while I waited (about 45 minutes) he also ordered a new one from LS. I haven't received the new one yet, but I don't expect to be charged for anything!
I have a great Dealer in Lakeview, MI !!!!!! :thumbsup: :) :cool2:

/ Broken Top Link Bracket Bolt #10  
Update;
Took the broken part to my dealer and he welded it up while I waited (about 45 minutes) he also ordered a new one from LS. I haven't received the new one yet, but I don't expect to be charged for anything!
I have a great Dealer in Lakeview, MI !!!!!! :thumbsup: :) :cool2:

Im also from Lakeview MI and bought a brand new LS from Robinsons. Great folks to deal with...