Snow plow?

/ Snow plow? #1  

albuilder

Tractor
LS XR4046H
I want to mount a skid steer plow to my XR4046HC If I extend the hoses to the rear remotes will that work for running the hydraulics on the plow?

/ Snow plow? #2  
Yes, running hoses from the rear to front will allow you to control the angle of the plow.

/ Snow plow? #3  
Yes that will work. It's been done many times by owners. Some suggest only needing 3/8" hydraulic hose for that application rather than 1/2"
I've been looking for a QA blade with cylinders myself..

/ Snow plow? #5  
I made mine by attaching an old Diamond truck plow to a quick attach plate. I did run 1/2" hose from the rear remote but 3/8" is more than enough and easier to run.

Attachments

• DSCN1385 (Medium).JPG
    DSCN1385 (Medium).JPG
    299.6 KB · Views: 530
  • DSCN1403 (Medium).JPG
    DSCN1403 (Medium).JPG
    169.5 KB · Views: 839
   / Snow plow?
I made mine by attaching an old Diamond truck plow to a quick attach plate. I did run 1/2" hose from the rear remote but 3/8" is more than enough and easier to run.

That looks nice George2615. What is the box for that the cylinder hoses run into on the skid steer plate? Will I need one of those also?

/ Snow plow? #7  
The black box is a cushion or pressure relief valve. In case the blade is angled and you hit something hard, the pressure will be released and allow the blade to turn so you don't bend or break something. Many people hear said to install one so I did. I used 2 single acting cylinders (Meyers) but a single double acting cylinder would also work.

/ Snow plow? #8  

George, that is a really nice looking set-up you have there! If I may? Did you purchase the quick attack plate, or did you build it? Either way, could you please tell us so those who would like to follow in your foot steps can do so? Please remember, copying is the best form of flattery! ;)

/ Snow plow? #9  
Lots of reading on this site for snow plow on the FEL builds.Two schools of thought;float the FEL(George's style) or float the plow.Both have their weaknesses and strengths.I chose to float the plow because I plow mostly dirt/gravel drives.

Attachments

• L4240 HST ,curtis snow plow.jpg
    L4240 HST ,curtis snow plow.jpg
    113 KB · Views: 551
   / Snow plow? #10  
Lots of reading on this site for snow plow on the FEL builds.Two schools of thought;float the FEL(George's style) or float the plow.Both have their weaknesses and strengths.I chose to float the plow because I plow mostly dirt/gravel drives.

My plow has shoes so I can float the blade on them, float the FEL or just raise the FEL to keep the blade an inch or so off the ground. Cutting edge has a spring loaded trip edge.

George, that is a really nice looking set-up you have there! If I may? Did you purchase the quick attack plate, or did you build it? Either way, could you please tell us so those who would like to follow in your foot steps can do so? Please remember, copying is the best form of flattery! ;)

Welcome to TBN Silverstreek, I'm at work and can't attach a link to my plow build thread. Check back on my posts started for the plow build. I bought the QA plate and pressure relief valve on line. I believe the plate came from Titan Attachments (I couldn't build one for their price). I bought the heavy duty 1/2" thick plate. Had the used plow, cylinders and hoses bought locally. I also have a 7'6" pusher blade for snow plowing.

Last edited: