Tier 4 issues

/ Tier 4 issues #41  
Mahindra and others like Massey Ferguson, kubota etc are now using EGR and DOC catalyst. The DIesel Oxidation Catalyst cleans up the exhaust soot similar to catalytic converter in your gas powered cars and trucks. They will fail and clog. The EGR DOC route is not as clean as the DPF route. Some companies have put fear into people saying that your barn will burn down if you put a tractor with a DPF in it. The DPF is under the hood with heat shielding around it. It has no more heat than a regular exhaust pipe. I have had a diesel car with a DPF since 2009, no problem parking it in my garage, even if I interrupt a regen. I have had zero DPF issues.

A car or truck is not used like a tractor.

/ Tier 4 issues #42  
Mahindra and others like Massey Ferguson, kubota etc are now using EGR and DOC catalyst. The DIesel Oxidation Catalyst cleans up the exhaust soot similar to catalytic converter in your gas powered cars and trucks. They will fail and clog. The EGR DOC route is not as clean as the DPF route. Some companies have put fear into people saying that your barn will burn down if you put a tractor with a DPF in it. The DPF is under the hood with heat shielding around it. It has no more heat than a regular exhaust pipe. I have had a diesel car with a DPF since 2009, no problem parking it in my garage, even if I interrupt a regen. I have had zero DPF issues.