Help...shoudnt the tires spin ???

/ Help...shoudnt the tires spin ??? #1  

cvcman

Silver Member
Tractor
john deere
Ok I was trying to pull some OLD OVERGROWN Yew bushes out with my 2025...I had it in 4 wheel drive and pushed against it with the bucket while driving forward trying to push it over...it stopped the tractor but the tires were not spinning...I was on solid ground but shouldn't it have the power to spin the tires if it can push forward ???

/ Help...shoudnt the tires spin ??? #2  
The answer to that is No. These 2025's are pretty impressive little tractors but they aren't that powerful pushing. I went through this a week ago. Slowly brought my loader up against a 4 inch diameter tree stump and tried to push it over. I had it in low range and 4x4. Wouldn't move it. Tractor just sat there with no tire spin. However once I backed away from the stump 3 feet and then ran at it, it pushed it over like it wasn't even there. So you just got to get a little running start at it.

/ Help...shoudnt the tires spin ???
I had it in hi range...dang...put it in low...different story

The answer to that is No. These 2025's are pretty impressive little tractors but they aren't that powerful pushing. I went through this a week ago. Slowly brought my loader up against a 4 inch diameter tree stump and tried to push it over. I had it in low range and 4x4. Wouldn't move it. Tractor just sat there with no tire spin. However once I backed away from the stump 3 feet and then ran at it, it pushed it over like it wasn't even there. So you just got to get a little running start at it.

/ Help...shoudnt the tires spin ??? #4  
High range is for transportation only and should never be used for doing any work. Mine is always in Low range.

/ Help...shoudnt the tires spin ??? #5  
I take it that it's a hydro. and not a "gear" transmission?

/ Help...shoudnt the tires spin ???
It is a hydro,does that make a big diff

UOTE=Rustyiron;4225348]I take it that it's a hydro. and not a "gear" transmission?[/QUOTE]

/ Help...shoudnt the tires spin ??? #7  
I can't spin the tires in high. With 3,500 pounds of ballast I also can't spin in medium range. In low I can spin with the ballast.

/ Help...shoudnt the tires spin ??? #8  
I wouldn't go ramming things to hard. There have reports on this forum about having done that and parts of the loader pivot points bending. It not a bulldozer.

/ Help...shoudnt the tires spin ??? #9  
It is a hydro,does that make a big diff

UOTE=Rustyiron;4225348]I take it that it's a hydro. and not a "gear" transmission?
[/QUOTE]

YES.. Hydro transmissions have a relief valve. If you are in a higher range and come up against an immovable object (like a big tree) the pressure will build in the hydro pump section until the Pressure relief valve opens.

With a gear transmission either the tires will spin, or if traction is good, the engine will just bog down and die.

If you are in Low range most hydro systems will spin the tires, unless traction is extremely good, for instance on rough concrete or something like that, then the PRV could still open even in LOW range. Of course if the PRV is set to open too soon, you might not get all possible torque to the ground.

Rember if you have a 3 range hydro.. HI is just for tractor transport, No work. Med, is for light to medium work with higher top speed needed. Low range is for Heavy work with lower top speeds needed.

Two speed hydro's are a compromise.. You will need to use HI range at times for some light work to get the speed you may need. LO range for heavy work at lower speeds.

/ Help...shoudnt the tires spin ??? #10  
YES.. Hydro transmissions have a relief valve. If you are in a higher range and come up against an immovable object (like a big tree) the pressure will build in the hydro pump section until the Pressure relief valve opens. With a gear transmission either the tires will spin, or if traction is good, the engine will just bog down and die. If you are in Low range most hydro systems will spin the tires, unless traction is extremely good, for instance on rough concrete or something like that, then the PRV could still open even in LOW range. .[/QUOTE] Maybe on a Kioti.😄😄 I have yet to find a surface my Kubota can't spin on including pavement and concrete.