New LS owner...... New Forum member. Hello, all

/ New LS owner...... New Forum member. Hello, all #1  

jhous

Tractor
LS J2020H
Hello, all. I'm Jhous in South Mississippi. Just bought a 2011 LS J2020H with 139 hours on it. Thought I would give a shout out to everyone. Also, thank you. I've been reading the posts and they have already helped me. After about 20 minutes of operation my tractor began bogging down and not running well at all. I'm pretty sure I know what to do now and it's because of you guys. I hope I can return the favor in the future.

/ New LS owner...... New Forum member. Hello, all #2  
:welcome:
To TBN Jhous. I take it your a pilot by your avatar.

/ New LS owner...... New Forum member. Hello, all #3  
Welcome to TBN...enjoy.

/ New LS owner...... New Forum member. Hello, all #5  
Welcome, I have the New Holland Boomer 20....same machine as the LS I think, whats your plan , filters?

Mark

/ New LS owner...... New Forum member. Hello, all #6  
Welcome to TBN.....and congrats on your new to you tractor.

Sounds like you may need to replace the fuel filter and possibly the air filter.
Keep us informed of the solution and post some pics of the tractor.

/ New LS owner...... New Forum member. Hello, all #7  
Welcome to TBN! Great place to come when you have a problem or question.

Hope you work out your problem, as stated above, probably fuel and/or air issue.

Sent from my iPad using TractorByNet

/ New LS owner...... New Forum member. Hello, all #8  
The plane looks LS blue too.

/ New LS owner...... New Forum member. Hello, all
:welcome:
To TBN Jhous. I take it your a pilot by your avatar.

Yes, but very inactive. I have not been pilot in command for many years. The picture was taken this year. It was a present from my wife for my 70th birthday. I had mentioned one time how I always wanted to fly and open cockpit biplane. She (through no small effort) found a pilot in the area that was willing to let me fly his. I don't want to lay claim to any glory that is not mine so I must say he did the take off and landing but he let me fly (which any pilot knows is not really that hard to fly a fixed wing once you are off the ground.) anywhere and anyhow I wanted. It was glorious! That big ole radial rumbling away at a whopping 1700 rpm as we 'screamed' through the sky at a 'blistering' 70 knots. I have a wonderful wife.

I notice you are retired AF. I proudly served my country in the USAF from 1965-1969; got out and went into computers for my career.

Thanks for the welcome.

/ New LS owner...... New Forum member. Hello, all
Welcome to TBN.....and congrats on your new to you tractor.

Sounds like you may need to replace the fuel filter and possibly the air filter.
Keep us informed of the solution and post some pics of the tractor.

After a lot of reading (on this forum .....and other places), that's pretty much the conclusion I came to. I noticed as I was going over the engine that the return fuel line is crimped. So much so that I don't see how there can be much fuel flow back to the tank. Fixing that and a total tank/fuel line/filter clean out are my plan when I get back from vacation (just a little time in the Smoky mountains). I hope that's it because I cannot tell you how disappointed I was that the first time I used it (bought used with 139 hours on it .....thought it was a good idea) and 20 minutes into some FEL work it started bogging down severely, then it would not maintain any rpms. I'm really spending most of my vacation thinking of what I'm going to do to fix it when I get back.

Thanks for the suggestion. Will get some pics soon.