loader operation?

/ loader operation? #1  

chris1006

Tractor
LS XR4046H
I just got a new XR4046H and have a loader question. Do your loaders work curling and raising/ dumping and lowering at same time? Mine will not. Only one function will work at a time. I had a third function valve added at dealer before they delivered the tractor and am not sure if that could be causing it to not function properly. I am not sure how it worked before they installed the third valve. I posted a thread in the hydraulic section yall can check and that may give you a better understanding why I am asking. Thanks

/ loader operation? #2  
I was going to ask this same exact question.. Following....

/ loader operation? #4  
I have the XR3037HC with basically the same loader. I don't have the third function like you but I can curl and raise or lower and dump at the same time by placing the joystick in either 7 O'clock or 1 O'clock position. I'd say since your dealer installed your third function before you rec'd. the tractor you'll have to ask them if they replaced the loader valve assembly to one without that ability.

Check your owners manual on joystick operation. Mine says the joystick can be operated in 4 directions (up,down,curl, and dump, plus float mode). In the next sentence it says if the stick is moved diagonally loader up/down and bucket curl/dump can be operated at the same time. I do not have quick dump mode, which my previous tractor did.

/ loader operation?
I just tried it at higher RPM and it worked. Had to be around 1500 or higher to work. Still not sure on the 4in1 yet. I will hook it up after the rain stops. Check my post in hydraulic thread to get all the info. Some things for all us LS guys to look out for is-
I read about front spindles breaking on some. I found the front alignment on mine was way out. I think it was towed in real bad if I remember right. This can put a lot of stress on the front end when in 4X4 and on dry hard pavement/dirt. And make sure the tie rod adjustment nuts are tight.
I found a electrical cable real close to the exhaust pipe. Pulled it over with a zip tie.

/ loader operation? #6  
I need to double check the function of mine but it seemed like I could not operate both at the same time. I have not spent enough time with it yet to confirm. Once it dries out I will test and see ;)
I bought mine from Goss Equipment in Jasper, Ga and they were fantastic to deal with. They also made sure to torque every bolt that needs a torque and lubed everything before delivery.

/ loader operation?
Thanks for the reply. I got mine from smiths in N.C. And they were good to.Try a little higher RPM and see if that helps. I had a smaller kubota and never had a problem at lower RPM.. Guess I gotta stop babying mine and put her ***** to work;) They seem to be nice tractors so far.
I need to double check the function of mine but it seemed like I could not operate both at the same time. I have not spent enough time with it yet to confirm. Once it dries out I will test and see ;)
I bought mine from Goss Equipment in Jasper, Ga and they were fantastic to deal with. They also made sure to torque every bolt that needs a torque and lubed everything before delivery.

/ loader operation? #8  
Thanks for the reply. I got mine from smiths in N.C. And they were good to.Try a little higher RPM and see if that helps. I had a smaller kubota and never had a problem at lower RPM.. Guess I gotta stop babying mine and put her ***** to work;) They seem to be nice tractors so far.

Just tested mine and it works at any RPM

/ loader operation?
Wonder if adding the third function valve changes/ reduces flow? I wouldn't think so if not trying to use at same time as normal loader function. Now you got me thinking again:)

/ loader operation? #10  
If the dealer tapped or teed into the loader lines for the third function then yes, hydraulic fluid will flow the line or path of least resistance. Higher RPM would be required for both curl / raise or lower / dump to work.