Fuel Tank Leak

/ Fuel Tank Leak #11  
Had to replace my tank after only 100 hrs on the clock.
My dealer covered it under warranty.
I figure it's a design flaw. I happened to mention it while it was in the shop for something unrelated.

Turns out that there's another design flaw with the auto-pilot/cruise control module.
Seems there's a wire from it to the ignition that is danger close to the exhaust.
Which melts the coax and shorts a 10 amp fuse.

/ Fuel Tank Leak #12  
At $300.00 for a replacement plastic tank, I believe check into companies who build custom aluminum fuel tanks for boats would charge to build a tank to your measurements?
Just a thought?

/ Fuel Tank Leak #14  
I had a leak on my tank within a few months. The tank was poorly designed with 4 cast in nuts to hold a deflection plate to the bottom of the tank. Anything hitting the plate would flex the nuts and in turn crack the tank. Dealer warranted the tank but it took over 6 weeks to get a new tank. In the meantime, I removed the tank, cleaned the 4 bolt spots with acetone and put some grooves in the linear cracks then used a brush on my 4" grinder to rough up the area well. Next I cleaned it well again with acetone and applied a generous coating of JBWELD epoxy. I still have the "new" tank in the box as the epoxy fix is still holding 5 years now and counting.
It isn't in a flexing situation so it may not be the best for your spot since it dries hard and inflexible.

/ Fuel Tank Leak
I sent an email to LS about a week ago, just to see what they would say about my tank. I actually got a phone call this afternoon, saying they would send me a new tank. I'm out of warranty, so they will send the tank, and I can install myself, or work something out with my dealer. I think I can handle that!!:thumbsup:

/ Fuel Tank Leak #16  
So, did they offer up a reason "why"???

And yes, easy to change out the tank. Takes about an hour first time ---- 1/2 hour thereafter.

/ Fuel Tank Leak
So, did they offer up a reason "why"???

He said sometimes the retaining bar is tighted too much. I think there is too sharp of an angle molded in, causing the weak area.

/ Fuel Tank Leak #19  
I had a small fuel leak on my XR4046HC at about 30 hours. It was a small crack at the point where fuel hose connects to bottom of the tank. RCO replaced tank without question. No problems since then with about 145 hours.

Sent from my iPad using TractorByNet

/ Fuel Tank Leak #20  
I had a leak on my tank within a few months. The tank was poorly designed with 4 cast in nuts to hold a deflection plate to the bottom of the tank. Anything hitting the plate would flex the nuts and in turn crack the tank. Dealer warranted the tank but it took over 6 weeks to get a new tank. In the meantime, I removed the tank, cleaned the 4 bolt spots with acetone and put some grooves in the linear cracks then used a brush on my 4" grinder to rough up the area well. Next I cleaned it well again with acetone and applied a generous coating of JBWELD epoxy. I still have the "new" tank in the box as the epoxy fix is still holding 5 years now and counting.
It isn't in a flexing situation so it may not be the best for your spot since it dries hard and inflexible.
Some of the epoxies adhere very well to plastics. ... The "Double Bubble" listed as vibration resistant in the link does well. It is semiflexible instead of dead hard like many.

McMaster-Carr