Chains DO YOU NEED WHEEL SPACERS to PUT CHAINS on XR3037HC with TURF TIRES?

/ DO YOU NEED WHEEL SPACERS to PUT CHAINS on XR3037HC with TURF TIRES? #1  

dcole

Bronze Member
Tractor
New Holland Boomer 55 CAB HST
I am posting this in the LS section because you guys are a lot more helpful and knowledgeable. Also because you all know that my new Boomer 37 Cab is really a LS XR3037HC. To the point, the distance between the inner metal fender wall
and the side wall of the turf tire is just over 1 3/8". My chains are 2 link 3/8" twists that probably will tear up the inside fender wall? Does anyone have any experience with chains on theirs? Do the R-4's have more room on the inside or are they clearing?

Thanks, Dan

/ DO YOU NEED WHEEL SPACERS to PUT CHAINS on XR3037HC with TURF TIRES? #2  
George 2615 would probably know. I think I saw a pic with chains on his 3037 but he does have R-4 tires.

/ DO YOU NEED WHEEL SPACERS to PUT CHAINS on XR3037HC with TURF TIRES? #3  
Sorry, I somehow missed this post the other day.
I do have R4's and standard ladder chains fit without spacers. I do not know anyone who has R3's on a 3037 (or Boomer) so can't really reply if there is room for chains.
I can say this. The sidewall of my R4 is 2 1/4" from the fender and the top of the R4 lugs is 3 1/2" from the fender so the ladder chains fit. If your clearance is similar, chains should fit yours also. Since you only have 1 3/8" clearance I think they would fit but would be really close.
Jack up the rear of the tractor. With trans in neutral set the chains on the tire and roll the tire around then hook up the end links. after that spin the tires by hand and check clearance. I'd personally opt for 2" spacers with your Boomer set up.

Attachments

• DSCN1416 (Medium).JPG
    DSCN1416 (Medium).JPG
    276 KB · Views: 247
   / DO YOU NEED WHEEL SPACERS to PUT CHAINS on XR3037HC with TURF TIRES?
Thanks George. I did order a pair of 2" BORA Tractor Spacers from Motorsport Tech (775-351-1000) for $280 including shipping. They will take about 2 weeks to get here. With the 9" of snow we got today and 2 storms maybe coming next week, I might try your suggestion of jacking the tractor up and test fitting the chains. With the ice base under the snow I had a lot of traction problems even with loaded tires and a 850 lbs. rear box blade.
Thanks again, I'll let you know how it works out.

/ DO YOU NEED WHEEL SPACERS to PUT CHAINS on XR3037HC with TURF TIRES? #5  
Great thread thanks. I need chains for my G3038 as well and I think I will have plenty of room.

/ DO YOU NEED WHEEL SPACERS to PUT CHAINS on XR3037HC with TURF TIRES? #6  
Thanks George. I did order a pair of 2" BORA Tractor Spacers from Motorsport Tech (775-351-1000) for $280 including shipping. They will take about 2 weeks to get here. With the 9" of snow we got today and 2 storms maybe coming next week, I might try your suggestion of jacking the tractor up and test fitting the chains. With the ice base under the snow I had a lot of traction problems even with loaded tires and a 850 lbs. rear box blade.
Thanks again, I'll let you know how it works out.

Dan,
I never saw a follow up or I missed it.
Did you ever get your spacers?
If so, what was the part# and specs?
I would think your boomer has the same bolt pattern as my XR3037HC but would want to be sure.
Thanks