Work light options

/ Work light options #1  

sw99

Silver Member
Tractor
LS G3038
The factory LS worklight option for my G3038 looks like its cheaply made and flimsy.

'LS' Tractor Worklight for 'G' Series G3033,G3033H,G3038 & G3038H Tractors

Has anyone made their own with some of the better quality LED lights available? I have pondered trying to make my own but not exactly sure what I would need (Connections and such). The factory option has a on/off button on the back of the light.

/ Work light options #2  
I used Cree 18w lights (Amazon). Good rugged water tight lights that put out a lot of light for little money.

/ Work light options #3  
The link you added is, in my opinion, not LS Factory parts. It's a dealer in Iowa.

You can get way better LED Work lights or LED Light Bars on Amazon, eBay, etc. Mount them on your ROPS, facing forwards and backwards.

Sent from my iPad using TractorByNet

/ Work light options #4  
I originally mounted 2 front facing and one 55w halogen work lights on the ROPS. I replaced them with 45w LEDs for under $15 each. Excellent lighting. There should be a work light plug/power source in the rear area somewhere. You may have to wire in a simple switch.

Attachments

• Two 55w Halogen Lights.jpg
    Two 55w Halogen Lights.jpg
    763.5 KB · Views: 174
  • Two 48w LED Lights.jpg
    Two 48w LED Lights.jpg
    861.3 KB · Views: 259
  • LED lights before and after.jpg
    LED lights before and after.jpg
    30.9 KB · Views: 189
  • ROPS4.jpg
    ROPS4.jpg
    1,011.7 KB · Views: 237
  • Old Light New Light.jpg
    Old Light New Light.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 198
  • Tractor ROPS Lights 2.jpg
    Tractor ROPS Lights 2.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 229
   / Work light options #6  
The factory LS worklight option for my G3038 looks like its cheaply made and flimsy.

'LS' Tractor Worklight for 'G' Series G3033,G3033H,G3038 & G3038H Tractors

Has anyone made their own with some of the better quality LED lights available? I have pondered trying to make my own but not exactly sure what I would need (Connections and such). The factory option has a on/off button on the back of the light.

Not to mention a crappy location for actual work. I have two brackets on my ROPS that I will be putting work lights onto - facing front and back on both sides. I'll use the recommended Cree 18w lights. My old B-21 Kubota had four worklights mounted on the FOPS/RPOPS roof and they were wonderful for doing night work. The headlights are worthless for doing any FEL work as they are blocked by the bucket.