My Biggest J-Series Complaint

/ My Biggest J-Series Complaint #1  

Olympus

Platinum Member
Tractor
LS R3039
As some may already know, I bought a J2023 new about 2 years ago. I still have it and use it regularly. I have about 100 hours on it so far. However, the tractor has a big negative for me and as wondering if anyone else has the same issue or knows of a fix. My sway chains for the 3pt arms will bind up when something is attached and it will stay cocked to one side or the other unless enough force I'd applied to unbind it. The end of the chains that attach to the tractor actually attach to a pin across the back end and on the pin are what I call "rollers" that the chain connects to. When there is no implement, you can move the arms in and out and those rollers twist and give you that extra slack in the arm width. But when I hook something up, those rollers don't twist freely. This results in the implement being off-centered to one side or the other. Does anyone else have this problem? Is this something covered under warranty or just a design flaw?

My last tractor was a JD 750 and the sway chains attached to two separate, fixed points on the frame. When the implement was lifted up, I could push the implement freely from one side to the other. I can't do that on my LS. With the JD, the brush hog would sway from side to side when mowing on a hillside and such, but my LS won't do that. I can take photos of the way the chains mount f that makes it easier. It's hard to describe unless you own one.

/ My Biggest J-Series Complaint #2  
I'd need to see pictures to understand. I would think it could be adjusted to not cause this issue. Generally, what should limit travel to the right is the left check in tension, and vice versa. If either side is binding up in compression, something's not adjusted properly. One side should not be allowed to go into compression before the other side goes into tension.

The 3-pt hardware isn't really brand specific, in the sense that you can modify it or swap in generic parts. So no real need to stick with the original setup if it has issues.

/ My Biggest J-Series Complaint
I'm out of town right now, but will post photos when I get home. It's not like any other tractor I've seen.