Inquiring mind wants to know

/ Inquiring mind wants to know #1  

elbowroom

Bronze Member
Tractor
JD A, Farmall B, JD 455, LS XR3135H
Maybe an OCD thing for me but what are the unused switch plates for?

I know the blank on the tilt column, far right, is the auto/man PTO on gear models.
I believe upper right on dash is regen on some.

The other two?

3135H

IMG_20160310_154446274.jpg

/ Inquiring mind wants to know
... and here is the rest of it. Pretty impressed thus far, these new LS engines are smooth and quiet. Hopefully no first year gremlins highlight design flaws.

IMG_20160316_163203746.jpg

/ Inquiring mind wants to know #3  
Nice looking rig......welcome aboard........Go Blue! :thumbsup:

Thx! The blue is growing on me. Looks really sharp in the sun. The grill styling is a bit too "Asian" for me, but it's what's on the inside that counts!

Apparently they don't drink beer over there as I'll have to fabricate a cup holder.

/ Inquiring mind wants to know #5  
Thx! The blue is growing on me. Looks really sharp in the sun. The grill styling is a bit too "Asian" for me, but it's what's on the inside that counts!

Apparently they don't drink beer over there as I'll have to fabricate a cup holder.

My old 2013 open station has a cup holder;

Modifying your grill guard would help with the Asian styling!

/ Inquiring mind wants to know #6  

My old 2013 open station has a cup holder;

Modifying your grill guard would help with the Asian styling!

Whoops.... Doubled up

Last edited:
   / Inquiring mind wants to know #7  
Grill guard modification for extra protection. Pad eye is for Clevis to run tie down chain thru.

ImageUploadedByTractorByNet1459027380.136964.jpg

ImageUploadedByTractorByNet1459027453.617323.jpg

I do need more protection on the grill guard as I have lots of brush and trees to clean up. Hate to have a branch punch out the front end using the grapple. I have seen your modifications and it gives me something to go on.

Still seems like blue paint options are still a bit off, unless that is simply an artifact of the pictures. Strange that LS doesn't offer factory paint? I haven't asked the dealer or dug through parts manuals yet.

/ Inquiring mind wants to know #9  
I do need more protection on the grill guard as I have lots of brush and trees to clean up. Hate to have a branch punch out the front end using the grapple. I have seen your modifications and it gives me something to go on.

Still seems like blue paint options are still a bit off, unless that is simply an artifact of the pictures. Strange that LS doesn't offer factory paint? I haven't asked the dealer or dug through parts manuals yet.

LS does offer paint in rattle cans, but they are about $16-$18 each.

This is what I used and, as far as I'm concerned, is excellent match.

ImageUploadedByTractorByNet1459164291.336523.jpg

ImageUploadedByTractorByNet1459164341.866589.jpg

/ Inquiring mind wants to know #10  
I used Rick's formula and its an exact match.