LS Warranty Details. Hours? ProRated? Transferrable?

/ LS Warranty Details. Hours? ProRated? Transferrable? #1  

Wolf Bayou

Tractor
Ford 640, LS XR4150
Hello all, lots of great advice here. I am looking at purchasing a LS tractor and could use some help understanding more details about the warranty. I didn't find any details on the LSUSA site only to "ask your dealer for details". Only problem is I asked two dealers and got 3 different answers. One dealer said there was no hour limit only a time limit (5 years drivetrain) while the other dealer reported it was 5 years or 570 hours and after 200 hours the warranty was prorated for parts and labor. Does the warranty really vary from dealer to dealer or was I getting different answers because the dealer wants to steer me to a specific brand on their lot?

Can someone help clarify these questions I have:

Is there a warranty hour limit? If so, what is it?
Is the warranty pro-rated at any point?
Is the warranty transferrable?

Overall, what has your experiences been with LS standing behind the product?

Thanks for all the great advice.

/ LS Warranty Details. Hours? ProRated? Transferrable? #2  
I can only answer one of your questIons. I bought a 2015 LS G3033 a few months ago. It still had 4 years left on the warranty. The dealer transferred the remaining warranty to me, no questions asked. But I have not needed to use it for anything.

/ LS Warranty Details. Hours? ProRated? Transferrable? #3  
Here is what the actual Warranty Policy says:

General Warranty: Earliest of the two period of.....two years (2) from the date of purchase or 750 hours after purchase
Extended Power Train Warranty: Earliest of the two periods......five (5) years from the date of purchase or 1500 hours of operation after purchase. The Power Train Warranty includes the engine, clutch housing, transmission housing, aux transmission housing, final drive housings, drive axles, and components contained within.

I do not see anywhere on the warranty policy any statement referring to a proration for parts and labor after 200 hours. It also does not mention any ability or restriction to transfer the warranty, however, as seanbales indicated above, I believe it would transfer. No reason for it not to.

Hope this helps.

Last edited:
   / LS Warranty Details. Hours? ProRated? Transferrable? #4  
I should have added in my previous post that I don't have any actual experience with an LS tractor, but recently ordered one after spending 2 months researching, asking a lot of questions, visiting most of the brands/dealers in my area, and test driving numerous tractors. All of this convinced me that the LS was the right choice for me. Quality product, great price, dealer is great to work with, proven track record, excellent warranty, etc...I was also impressed with the fact that LS makes tractors for New Holland. Similar to buying a car....each person makes a buying choice for reasons that are specific to them. There are a lot of good tractor brands out there (and some that are not so good to awful). Take your time and do your research (like you just did with your original post) so that you will feel confident about your choice when you put your money down. For most folks, a tractor is a lifetime purchase.....and a lot of money!

/ LS Warranty Details. Hours? ProRated? Transferrable? #5  
I should have added in my previous post that I don't have any actual experience with an LS tractor, but recently ordered one after spending 2 months researching, asking a lot of questions, visiting most of the brands/dealers in my area, and test driving numerous tractors. All of this convinced me that the LS was the right choice for me. Quality product, great price, dealer is great to work with, proven track record, excellent warranty, etc...I was also impressed with the fact that LS makes tractors for New Holland. Similar to buying a car....each person makes a buying choice for reasons that are specific to them. There are a lot of good tractor brands out there (and some that are not so good to awful). Take your time and do your research (like you just did with your original post) so that you will feel confident about your choice when you put your money down. For most folks, a tractor is a lifetime purchase.....and a lot of money!

I am no tractor expert, but I really love my LS. Like you, I did a lot of reading and research before buying. Ultimately I decided on LS because of a) the price for the power, b) the package (came with a trailer), c) reviews, and d) the warranty.

So far I haven't found anything that I intended to do with it that it won't do. My biggest shock with tractor ownership are all the post-costs: price of implements, maintenance, and accessories. Otherwise, I couldn't be happier. I may upgrade some day, but it will probably be to a bigger LS.

/ LS Warranty Details. Hours? ProRated? Transferrable? #6  
I purchased a 2013 R4041H used with 50 hours, and LS did transfer the warranty to me free of charge.

Last year I noticed the water pump leaking from the pulley shaft seal.

Assuming this would be under the warranty I called my local dealer.

The answer was "nope", because it is considered external to the engine...

The warranty is only as good as the company behind it, and although this was a fairly easy fix, I shouldn't have needed to buy a $300 part for a tractor with 80 hours on it...

/ LS Warranty Details. Hours? ProRated? Transferrable? #7  
Sounds like the dealers are making up the warranty as they go along.

/ LS Warranty Details. Hours? ProRated? Transferrable? #8  
I purchased a 2013 R4041H used with 50 hours, and LS did transfer the warranty to me free of charge.

Last year I noticed the water pump leaking from the pulley shaft seal.

Assuming this would be under the warranty I called my local dealer.

The answer was "nope", because it is considered external to the engine...

The warranty is only as good as the company behind it, and although this was a fairly easy fix, I shouldn't have needed to buy a $300 part for a tractor with 80 hours on it...
It isn't the dealer. I had the front drive shaft break and LS said it wasn't covered because it was not internal. Dealer fixed it on his cost because he said in his interpretation, it was internal.
So LS warranty for powertrain does not include bolted on items like water pump and drive shafts or I suppose any other external bolted on item like rims, maybe PTO shaft since it is external. On paper the warranty looks great, but in actuality it is pretty skimpy unless your dealer steps up to the plate and fixed it on his dime.
I think it is about time for the Federal government to step in and enforce the lemon law on things other than cars and make tractor mfg. toe the line for warranty issue to include a list of parts specifically covered just like extended warranties on cars.

/ LS Warranty Details. Hours? ProRated? Transferrable? #9  
Here is what the actual Warranty Policy says:

General Warranty: Earliest of the two period of.....two years (2) from the date of purchase or 750 hours after purchase
Extended Power Train Warranty: Earliest of the two periods......five (5) years from the date of purchase or 1500 hours of operation after purchase. The Power Train Warranty includes the engine, clutch housing, transmission housing, aux transmission housing, final drive housings, drive axles, and components contained within.

I do not see anywhere on the warranty policy any statement referring to a proration for parts and labor after 200 hours. It also does not mention any ability or restriction to transfer the warranty, however, as seanbales indicated above, I believe it would transfer. No reason for it not to.

Hope this helps.

Alexsbuddy has it exactly right in his 1st paragraph.

On the other questions... there is no pro-ration and hardly any exclusions, and the warranties are very easily transferable. Some other brands can claim to be as good on paper, but LS rarely bickers, will overnight parts if you're in a jam, and they reimburse dealers lightening fast, which always makes it easier for us to smile and get to work to resolve your problem ASAP... if your dealer has a sour attitude he'd be hard pressed to blame LS for it, in my experience. Best warranty in the biz, IMO.

/ LS Warranty Details. Hours? ProRated? Transferrable? #10  
What kind of warranty is it that if it's not made inhouse you are sol. There warranty is only half a## for 2 years. Extended warranty you can buy from a lot of places. I hate it when they call insurace a extended warranty.