Width of 4100 series with R4 tires?

/ Width of 4100 series with R4 tires? #1  

JhnMhn

Tractor
LS 4140 Shuttle Cab
My 4140 Cab is a few weeks out from delivery. Looking to get a backblade for it. Wondering if 84"/7' blade (Land Pride RB37) will cover track when angled. Does anyone know width of 4100 series with R4 tires?
Thanks in advance.

/ Width of 4100 series with R4 tires? #2  
My XR3037HC w/R4's is 66" wide. I'd guess the 4140 would be at least the same. I'm watching CL for a 7' back blade and rake. You'll need at least the same width so when the blade (or rake) is angled it will cover your tracks. Hopefully a 4100 series owner will give you a better width spec.

/ Width of 4100 series with R4 tires? #3  
My 4140 Cab is a few weeks out from delivery. Looking to get a backblade for it. Wondering if 84"/7' blade (Land Pride RB37) will cover track when angled. Does anyone know width of 4100 series with R4 tires?
Thanks in advance.

I have a 2013 R4041 with R4 tires and I have a Land Pride 7' rear blade and it works well for me.

I'm not sure of the exact width of my 4041 but it's real close to 6' (that's the number I use)

/ Width of 4100 series with R4 tires?
Thanks for the info. Sounds like 7 foot blade it is. Underdog, have you used your blade for snow removal? If so, how well does it work? I'll be clearing just shy of 1/4 mi gravel road & cringe at the cost of a front mount blower; rear mount blower requires more back twisting than I want to put up with. Will have loader on front, & have considered front snow blade.

/ Width of 4100 series with R4 tires? #5  
Thanks for the info. Sounds like 7 foot blade it is. Underdog, have you used your blade for snow removal? If so, how well does it work? I'll be clearing just shy of 1/4 mi gravel road & cringe at the cost of a front mount blower; rear mount blower requires more back twisting than I want to put up with. Will have loader on front, & have considered front snow blade.

I have the bucket, a 7'6" snow pusher box and a front mount QA power angle plow I built from an old truck plow for snow. Iposted a thread on the build. I ran two 1/2" hoses from one pair of the rear remotes up to the loader arms to angle the plow. It didn't get much use this past winter, mostly used the bucket. Used truck plows are reasonably priced on CL and can be easily fabbed up with some steel and a little welding.

Attachments

• DSCN1403 (Medium).JPG
    DSCN1403 (Medium).JPG
    169.5 KB · Views: 190
  • DSCN1076 (Medium).JPG
    DSCN1076 (Medium).JPG
    207.3 KB · Views: 191
   / Width of 4100 series with R4 tires? #6  
The 7ft. rear blade is wide enough to take out your tracks when angled. The 7ft. is about right for the HP. For snow removal you may want to look into something for the front. Heavy snow you'll have the blade reversed and backing. I have a 7ft. snow box which works good for me. It I had a 1/4 mile of drive I would look at an angle plow like George has.

/ Width of 4100 series with R4 tires? #7  

Yes it works for pretty good for snow removal, I push with the back side & pull with it. If you are worried about digging in ( I'm not!) then I would suggest getting the skid shoes for it. We usually don't get much more than a foot of snow at any one time so the rear blade handles it just fine except if it's a real wet and heavy snow.

As the others have said, putting a quick attach on an old truck plow for the front is a great idea too!!

image.jpegimage.jpeg

/ Width of 4100 series with R4 tires?
Thanks everybody. You've been a big help.