Oil & Fuel Fuel tank leak

/ Fuel tank leak #1  

azranger

Silver Member
Tractor
LS G3033
I know others have had issues with tanks leaking, but has anyone had success in sealing the cracks up. Mine started leaking last week on the back side where it sets against the support bracket. Dealer wants 400.00 for new one :shocked::fiery:. I think its pretty sad that 2 years in and the fuel tanks starts leaking.
Any info you might have would be appreciated.

/ Fuel tank leak #2  
I know others have had issues with tanks leaking, but has anyone had success in sealing the cracks up. Mine started leaking last week on the back side where it sets against the support bracket. Dealer wants 400.00 for new one :shocked::fiery:. I think its pretty sad that 2 years in and the fuel tanks starts leaking.

Here is a link with some ideas: http://www.tractorbynet.com/forums/ls-tractor-owning-operating/346694-fuel-tank-leak-2.html?highlight=tank

Page 2 has a post where the tank was repaired with JB weld.

/ Fuel tank leak #3  
I too have an LS with a plastic tank. At least one other member with my same model has had his tank leak. If mine ever leaks I would order a new tank. In the mean time I would remove the tank and use the JB weld method as a temporary repair. There have been a few other members that have had success using JB Weld (I've read most of those repair posts) so I'd give it a try and use it. If it leaked at some later point I'd have a new tank on my shelf to install then I'd repair it again and put it on the shelf if needed later.

/ Fuel tank leak #4  

What is the tank made of plastic, aluminum, steel? I patched a pin hole in the steel gas tank in my truck with epoxy putty several years ago and many many miles later still no leak.

/ Fuel tank leak #5  
My fuel tank, on my XR4046HC, being replaced under warranty next week. Small leak where fuel line leaves tank. 250 hours on tractor.

/ Fuel tank leak #6  
Could it be plastic welded like the body shops do?

/ Fuel tank leak #7  
Probably but ...... It's still in warranty.

/ Fuel tank leak #8  

Use a form in place gasket sealer like Motoseal like I used to repair my tank.

/ Fuel tank leak #9  
Mine developed a leak as well. Used JB Weld for polyethylene.
Worked like a champ