Help. What's my problem? No lift power to bucket???

/ Help. What's my problem? No lift power to bucket??? #1  

vicg1

Tractor
kubota b7100 / ls3033h
No lift power to bucket... rev it to 2500 rpm and I can barely lift a round bale (700 pounds)... was never a problem before now. 250 hours on it, fluid looked good but I changed it and filters... same thing. Disconnected quick disconnects and plugged them back in. Adjustments under boot on control handle don't look like anything has moved, and it isn't just lift, but upward tilt that has very little power. Rear lift, pto, etc seem to be fine.

It is an LS3033 HST.

Dealer has no suggestions...

Ideas???

Last edited:
   / Help. What's my problem? No lift power to bucket??? #2  
No lift power to bucket... rev it to 2500 rpm and I can barely lift a round bale (700 pounds)... was never a problem before now. 250 hours on it, fluid looked good but I changed it and filters... same thing. Disconnected quick disconnects and plugged them back in. Adjustments under boot on control handle don't look like anything has moved, and it isn't just lift, but upward tilt that has very little power. Rear lift, pto, etc seem to be fine.

It is an LS3033 HST.

Ideas???

Dealer has no suggestions!!!!!

I'm guessing a main relief valve issue. Easily diagnosed with a hydraulic pressure gauge.

I'd be calling LS corporate. Your dealer is subpar.

/ Help. What's my problem? No lift power to bucket???
Dealer has no suggestions!!!!!

I'm guessing a main relief valve issue. Easily diagnosed with a hydraulic pressure gauge.

I'd be calling LS corporate. Your dealer is subpar.

I actually emailed them 3 weeks go and they never responded, so I called today and was put into a voice mail, still waiting for a call back...

/ Help. What's my problem? No lift power to bucket??? #4  

Attachments

• image-1940874204.jpg
    image-1940874204.jpg
    148.9 KB · Views: 159
   / Help. What's my problem? No lift power to bucket??? #5  

It is an LS3033 HST.

Ideas???

It sounds like the set screw on the relief has backed off. Doesn't happen very often but does once in a while. The simplest way to check is tee in a 3000# pressure gauge into either the tilt or lift cylinder on the loader and max the stroke on the cylinder out to check the relief pressure. I don't recall the exact relief setting for that tractor off the top of my head but I think it's ~2300ish psi.

/ Help. What's my problem? No lift power to bucket??? #6  
Ditto, get a gauge.

Take off one of the quick connects on the loader valve....usually the male end. Go to a hydraulic shop, get a coupling to fit, a 3000psi gauge, and whatever adapter needed to connect the two.

Then go home, connect instead of one of the loader hoses. Actuate the coorsponds valve and report back what the pressure was.

Till you do that, best anyone can do is take a WAG

I'm on it guys! Will be back out there working Monday. Will update with my findings. Thanks for the tips!

Well here it is.

I was away on vacation, came back, and looked at the tractor. I was actually getting ready to measure my line fittings to order that gauge kit... it's been over a month, with 4 calls to LS (manufacturer, not dealer) and each time they tell me someone in their tech department will call me... they never have.

I noticed in the first minute or so of running it seems to have power to lift... touching the hydraulic lines they are really hot after a little driving, so hot they will burn you... so I start thinking. I have had this tractor 2 years now. I routinely clean the screen in front of the radiator... but after looking at it the HST cooler is in front of the screen! The screen was in front of the radiator when I got the tractor and I put it back in the same place every time I cleaned it... well with the HST option you get an HST cooler and the screen should go in front of that as well, not between it and the radiator! Seems like the screen was put in place by the factory or dealer in the position which would be correct for a manual transmission tractor, not an automatic with a second hydraulic fluid cooler.

I cleaned the HST cooler with water, a ton of dirt came out of it (2 years worth). Now when running the tractor for an hour the hydraulic hoses are warm, but not hot... and definitely no where near hot enough to burn... Guess what? My bucket now lifts just fine.

/ Help. What's my problem? No lift power to bucket??? #9  
Glad you got it fixed.

My mx5100 is the same way. HST cooler in front of radiator screen. Always make sure I keep it clea

/ Help. What's my problem? No lift power to bucket??? #10  
I would change that fluid soon I would think it has been cooking for awhile now. There is a lot of expensive parts counting on that fluid.