G3033H after one year

/ G3033H after one year #1  

bfisherman11

Silver Member
Tractor
LS G3033H
Well, prior to the LS I owned a 1941 Ford 9N. For what it was that 9N was awesome. No 4x4, no live Hyd and just a heavy trip bucket that with no power steering meant I hardly ever had it on. I used the old 9N to mow with my brush hog and taking my life in my hands grade my up hill gravel driveway. Ha

My first chore with the LS was to make a road way down part of my land on a bit of a hill. Evened out a big dip and leveled things off using the bucket and my back blade. Grading the drive with 4x4 is sweet. I can stop back up raise or lower the blade and make fast work out of it and stay safe! I had a water hole for deer that needed to be dug deeper. No sweat, it is now a couple feet deeper. Our land is mostly woods and we recently we bought a 3-point chipper. Even my wife likes the chipper. It makes fast work of trees and brush and we have found good use for the chips. Some of the trees we have chipped up were pretty big. I learned how to listen to the LS to know how to feed the big stuff. I have been surprised a few times what we have chipped up. I just bought a Piranha tooth bar to enhance my woods/brush clearing. This will be yet another added thing my LS can do.

Bottom line is upgrading to this tractor has opened so many options up for me. I am doing things to better my land that I had never considered.

Happy LS guy for sure. Oh, absolutely no issues with the tractor either.

Bill

/ G3033H after one year
How many other happy LS guys out there? G3033 users?? Post up, lets keep this page active. Like to hear your thoughts on LS and what model you have.

Added the Piranha tooth bar to the loader bucket. So far I like it. Just played with it a bit on some buck thorn, it did OK but it really did a great job uprooting a sumac. Pretty sure I could have done better on the buck thorn. Just had no room to maneuver because I had the brush hog on.

Last weekend had the Woodmaxx chipper on. in about 45 min my wife and I had chipped a big brush pile up. We have been spreading wood chips every place. really helps keep the weeds down and they look good too.

Bill

/ G3033H after one year #3  
Thats funny, before I bought my g3033, we had an 8n,and still have it. They are good tractors ,but its nice to have the front end loader and live hyd.
I am happy with mine,but I have had to replace the front wheel seals twice and fix a leaking fuel tank.

/ G3033H after one year #4  
bfisherman11, which Woodmaxx chipper do you have, and how do you like it?? I am looking to buy one and would appreciate any info. It will go on the back of my XR3135. Thanks
George

/ G3033H after one year #5  
I started out in 1986 with a Ford 8n, it was affordable, and I learned a lot about tractor maintenance and capabilities. Upgraded to a JD 950 in 1998 and then to a LS g3033h in 2012
Looking back, I wish I would have known the how much easier it is to operate the newer machines, and how much more they could do without the fatigue factor of the older machines. I would kind of like to retire the 950 and get a 40 hp Kioti, but in truth I have a soft spot for it, kind of like an old dog. Can't bring myself to get rid of it yet. Still, it would be fun to have both the Kioti and LS to do a real world comparison test.

/ G3033H after one year
western, Sorry for the late reply I bought the WC-8N. Nothing fancy but it is awesome. My wife even helps me chip. She likes it too. I made plenty of chips this year and have them placed in my landscaping.

I have chipped some big pieces. I have pushed the 6-7 in mark and as long as it was fairly straight it ate it up. My only jams came from odd shaped chunks or brushy stuff. I had to learn how to feed the beast. One trick I use for brushy trees is I bought a cheapo $40 battery powered sawsall from Harbor Freight. I use that to cut off odd branches and the battery powered saw is better than starting up my chain saw. I did buy a second battery pack but have not used it.

Love my LS.
Bill

/ G3033H after one year #7  
Thanks for replying. I had never heard of Woodmaxx, checked out the website and I like the looks of their product, much better than some of the others I had seen online. I am thinking of getting the WM-8M. I have about 5000 feet of tree line on the edges of my fields that needs to have all of the lower branches cut back. It didn't bother when I had my John Deere g=tractor, I could duck below them, but I bought an LS XR3135HC and I don't feel like scratching all the windows on the cab or ripping off the mirrors and lights. I also cut 4 to 5 cord of firewood off my property every year. I always piled the branches to burn, but the way the weather has been in recent years, it is generally too dry to burn and when I can get a permit it is winter, all the piles are frozen. I figure a wood chipper would solve my problem. I have just sold my John Deere and will use some of the cash from that sale to buy the chipper.

George

/ G3033H after one year
With all our woods I always had brush to deal with. When we clear areas that often meant some bigger stuff to deal with. Burning got to be a pain and chipping just seems a win win.