engine oil for xr 3135

/ engine oil for xr 3135 #1  

revver6

starting to gather required items for the 50 hour service,what weight oil are you guys using in your ls.I live in central michigan,tractor will be used in the winter for snow removal and handling firewood logs tractor resides in unheated pole barn,thanks

/ engine oil for xr 3135 #2  
starting to gather required items for the 50 hour service,what weight oil are you guys using in your ls.I live in central michigan,tractor will be used in the winter for snow removal and handling firewood logs tractor resides in unheated pole barn,thanks

my dealer in northeast ohio told me last week to use 15 w 40. I have a 2016 ls 45 horsepower. can't remember the model number right now. will perform 50 hour service this week. dealer knows tractor is used for snow removal, all aspects of firewood production, and brush hogging.

/ engine oil for xr 3135 #3  
Shell Rotella T6, 5w40 is my choice.

/ engine oil for xr 3135 #4  
At my 50 hour service I switched to Rotella T6 5W-40 synthetic. I only use my tractor 50-60 hours a year and most of those hours are for snow removal. I'd suggest using 5W-40 (whether synthetic or not) for easier starting in cold weather.

/ engine oil for xr 3135 #5  
There is a viscosity guide right in your manual. I just follow it.

/ engine oil for xr 3135
thanks for the replies

/ engine oil for xr 3135 #7  
Looking at the purchase of one of these, and I am super **** on maintenance, that just me and why things last. I have played with the same thoughts.
I would say always follow advice of the manual. But with that being said, any name brand diesel rated oil should in fact work as long as it meets the SPECS.
I am interested if Synthetic or lower weights are recommended in the manual.

I am a big fan of the Wolf's Head 15 W 40 Synthetic Blend

/ engine oil for xr 3135 #8  
Looking at the purchase of one of these, and I am super **** on maintenance, that just me and why things last. I have played with the same thoughts.
I would say always follow advice of the manual. But with that being said, any name brand diesel rated oil should in fact work as long as it meets the SPECS.
I am interested if Synthetic or lower weights are recommended in the manual.

I am a big fan of the Wolf's Head 15 W 40 Synthetic Blend

/ engine oil for xr 3135
aj197816134,I am the same way about maintenance,yes the book does show recommended weights of engine oil,I am checking to see other owners opinons,I made the call directly to ls tractor they recomend 15w-40 in the engine,the gentleman was very adamant about clean fuel in these common rail engines.as far as the power,performance of the xr 3135hydro cab model it is night and day compared to my massey ferguson 1433 I previously owned.if you chose to purchase a ls tractor you will be happy.

/ engine oil for xr 3135 #10  
I use the Rotella T6 5w-40 in my XR4145. It covers the whole temperature spectrum for Western NY and meets the specs in the manual. You may also want to look into a block heater for winter. When it gets really cold, it doesn't matter what weight of oil you are using, it thickens to some degree. Having the block somewhat warm will help eliminate any premature wear due to lack of oil flow at startup. You can start your tractor without one when it is cold, but it doesn't like it.

As far as clean fuel, I have seen the effects of crappy fuel: grey-ish, stinky exhaust smoke, early/repeated exhaust regen. There are many posts and comments about fuel quality with these new engines. I haven't seen anything official, but my experience agrees with the gentleman from LS.

Happy Tractoring!