New XR4150 ☺

/ New XR4150 ☺ #1  

realhunter

Tractor
LS XR4150
Just took delivery on a new tractor today.

After several months of deliberation I chose the LS 4150, as it had more features and was much more affordable than an orange, red, or green tractor of comparable size.

I went with the 16x16 shuttle over the hydro, as I don't forsee a ton of loader work.

My farm is around 85 acres and is a mix of hardwoods, pasture, and about 17 acres of it is in hay.

My neighbor helps cut it now and I can borrow his implements.... I plan to start doing all on my own in the next year or so. I will gradually add implements until I have all the equipment I need.

I put about two hours on it yesterday with the Befco rotary cutter. I varied the RPM often between 1800-2400 trying not to stay at a constant speed for more than a minute or so...

Anything else I should do during break-in?

Here are a couple pics ☺

23tjkoo.jpg

b8oktz.jpg

/ New XR4150 ☺ #2  
Nice looking tractor!! I still think I'm headed for a 4145 most likely.
Can you tell me a little about shifting? Several people have reported that the range shifter is "stiff". Just curious if yours is the same. I'm also wondering if "fully synchronized" means you can shift ranges on the fly too... I know you can run 1-4 while moving, but what about ranges?

Finally, is the 50hp engine still a 3-cyl? What do you think about it? Does it run as smooth and quiet as LS claims? (I can imagine it IS pretty quiet, as it's exhausting through a DPF...)

/ New XR4150 ☺
Says in manual range can only be changed while stationary.... that's what I've been doing.

It was stiff when I first got it. I found that I was about a galon low on trans/hydraulic fluid. I topped it off and today it has loosened up. It's pretty effortless now.

Same engine throughout the series just different tune I'm sure.

Extremely quiet and smooth, no smoke...

/ New XR4150 ☺ #4  
Very nice. Sounds like the shuttle is a better fit for your application. Love to have that Befco you have. I have a 72" Befco finish mower. They are very nice mowers.

/ New XR4150 ☺ #6  
20151106_164057.jpg
Nice looking tractor!! I still think I'm headed for a 4145 most likely.
Can you tell me a little about shifting? Several people have reported that the range shifter is "stiff". Just curious if yours is the same. I'm also wondering if "fully synchronized" means you can shift ranges on the fly too... I know you can run 1-4 while moving, but what about ranges?

Finally, is the 50hp engine still a 3-cyl? What do you think about it? Does it run as smooth and quiet as LS claims? (I can imagine it IS pretty quiet, as it's exhausting through a DPF...)

I have a XR41/45 Cab with hydro trans ... about 60 hrs on it now....if you have questions I will help as much as I can....

/ New XR4150 ☺ #7  
Looking at buying the XR4150c or 4155c can any one tell me how they handle the 4x5 round bales and able to double stack on a goose neck trailer? Just need to make sure it is stable enough and lifts high enough. Any info would be appreciated

/ New XR4150 ☺ #8  
I almost bought the 4150 before I got my Branson. Nice tractor. Congrats!

/ New XR4150 ☺ #9  
What size branson ?....same question as for the XR4150c

/ New XR4150 ☺
Looking at buying the XR4150c or 4155c can any one tell me how they handle the 4x5 round bales and able to double stack on a goose neck trailer? Just need to make sure it is stable enough and lifts high enough. Any info would be appreciated

I have not had a chance to lift any bales yet. Should be doing the final cutting on the hay soon, and we do 5x5's....I have loaded rear tires, and when I do rounds, I plan to use a box blade for ballast as well.

Yesterday, I was lifting and moving some very large logs with the loader.

The loader is extremely stout. I was impressed with how much I could lift / push with this tractor... :thumbsup: