XR4040 hydraulic leak and LS customer support

/ XR4040 hydraulic leak and LS customer support #1  

Wallers

Tractor
don't own
So I'll try to keep this as short as I can. I have a new XR4040, purchased May of last year. February (tractor had 42 hours) I discovered a leak. Called the local dealer and told him about the issues ( there was more than just a leak). He said to bring it in. They had it for 3 weeks... got it back none of the items were fixed. I brought it back in Aprul/May. They had for 5 weeks. During the five weeks they said they split the tractor. When I got it back it leaked worse. I brought it back again. The dealer said the discovered the leak and the tractor needed to be split there was a bad seal between the cases. I asked why they needed to be split again. I was told they never split it before. So wrap this up. The local dealer had it for just over 3 months, and told me they would no longer work on it. They told me their contract states they don't have honor the warranty if I didn't buy the tractor at their dealership. The dealer made the leak so bad you could watch it. They lied to me about fixing the issues and kept my tractor for months. I tried LS by phone, email, Facebook and the LS sales representative. And nothing... The LS sales representative told me he was too busy with 40 stores over 3 States to help me at the individual level. Talk to the dealer.... the tractor is at the dealer where I bought it. The guy seems a lot more confident that the issue is going to get fixed. My issue is LS and lack of communication, and the lies from the local dealer. I have seen other warranty issues. I was wondering if anyone else got feedback from LS? Has anyone had their tract split with less than 100 hrs on it? I'm in month 4 with the tractor being in 2 different shops over the last 6 weeks and I can't get anything back from LS.

Thanks,
Scott

/ XR4040 hydraulic leak and LS customer support #2  
Knock on wood, I have not had to take my XR3037HC in for any warranty issue nor have I had any problems so far. I am replying to you re: LS support. The dealer I purchased from is no longer an LS dealer so I was worried about taking my tractor to another dealer should the need arise. I even received a letter from LS saying that dealer would no longer be selling the LS brand and that any service or warranty issues would be taken care of by any LS dealer. At the next Farm Show I met the local LS service rep and explained my concerns. The LS rep introduced me to another LS dealer at the show who assured me they would take care of any parts I needed or warranty issues should any come up. My new dealer has been very good about any parts I need. So far I've only bought filters and the dealer had them direct shipped from LS to my house.
Another thing LS did for me was send me the parts manual on CD at my request. This was before manuals were free for download online. LS also mailed me a hard copy of the loader manual which I didn't get at time of sale.
I'm not sure why you took your tractor to a dealer other than the one that sold it to you. Maybe he was closer or you moved. I don't know how my dealers contract reads but I don't have a choice to take it back to the selling dealer for service. New dealer was very happy to gain me as a customer. So far LS has been very proactive to me the customer.

/ XR4040 hydraulic leak and LS customer support #3  
I think we chatted about this on Facebook! I have come to the conclusion that they hire a young college kid to manage their social media! This is for most large companies and I see it over and over! Sometimes people just blow off these follow ups and not saying that I agree with it but it a
Happens!
The question would be to find other customers of the dealer and see what their feedback is about that dealer! Just remember you cannot treat your selling dealer poorly because of the servicing dealer you visited!
In short George had a good relationship moving dealers but some dealers still feel you didn't buy from me so you will wait

/ XR4040 hydraulic leak and LS customer support #4  
I think we chatted about this on Facebook! I have come to the conclusion that they hire a young college kid to manage their social media! This is for most large companies and I see it over and over! Sometimes people just blow off these follow ups and not saying that I agree with it but it a
Happens!
The question would be to find other customers of the dealer and see what their feedback is about that dealer! Just remember you cannot treat your selling dealer poorly because of the servicing dealer you visited!
In short George had a good relationship moving dealers but some dealers still feel you didn't buy from me so you will wait

Just an FYI, When I was looking to buy I did contact my current dealer first. I needed a cab tractor that week and he had no cab models in stock. He was the one who referred me to the dealer I bought from knowing he did have a couple cab models in stock. Neither of us knew that dealer wouldn't be selling the LS brand just a few months later. When the LS rep introduced me to him and I spoke to him he remembered our phone conversation. I'm sure he must have got other customers as well.
I do agree with AJ that there are many dealers who do feel if you didn't buy from them you will wait. In my case I didn't have a choice as he stopped selling LS and I had to go somewhere else. What if someone moves out of state with his tractor and wants a local dealer to work on his tractor regardless of brand. The local dealer should treat that person as a new customer and not put on the back burner or deny a repair because he didn't buy from him.

/ XR4040 hydraulic leak and LS customer support #5  
Wallers, I had the same leak, same seal, same tractor, about the same hours. Dealer split tractor and had it back to me in 2 weeks. No problems since. Longtime tractor dealer. Didn't have to deal with LS directly. Sorry you had so much trouble.

/ XR4040 hydraulic leak and LS customer support
This is my second attempt at a reply so if you see this twice I apologize. At AJ---, Yes we talked on Facebook.

So far I treated the local dealer and the dealer where I purchased with honesty and respect. The local dealer did not return such. So far the dealer I bough it from has been straight forward in the timing. I think the biggest issue I am having is the lack of communication from LS.. I didn't go directly to the manufacture the first 2 times the tractor was in the shop for a total of 2 months. I think at this point the manufacture should be fully vested in helping me get what I paid for. Whether this is fixed tractor or a new tractor, I just want what I paid for. As far as other dealers go when I call around to the other dealers (these were not in TN) they all said that they would fix it for me, no problem, just bring it in. Which is good because I don't have anyone local anymore that I can bring it to. From LS dealer search there is only one in the middle TN area.

If all goes to plan I should have mine back in a couple weeks and all should be good.. Hind sight being what it is... I should have asked how long the dealer has been selling/servicing LS tractors before I brought it in.

one last question - You wouldn't know why they as a gasket between the halves? I noticed RTV where the halves meet. I would think there is no fluid between the cases?

Anyway thanks for all the feedback.

/ XR4040 hydraulic leak and LS customer support #7  
there is fluid in the case, some use a gasket, some rtv. 2 weeks to split is a long time

/ XR4040 hydraulic leak and LS customer support #8  
It's lawyer time.

/ XR4040 hydraulic leak and LS customer support #9  
Keep in mind this is "busy" season for a lot of dealers (field time, county fairs, etc) You have this at another dealer. Don't bug them, but a few days before their deadline stop in and chat with them.. That way you can see the progress, and see if they ran into any complications. Unfortunately with other incompetent hands in there before theirs, well they may have some messes to clean up...
Keep us posted.... I feel bad that you have this issue, and even worse that a dealer could not handle the repair...

/ XR4040 hydraulic leak and LS customer support
So a quick update.. I talked to the dealer today via email. There will be 2 folks from LS in the shop tomorrow to look at the tractor. I also asked if there is anyway I could talk to the LS folks to address the 3 months at the previous dealer.

I thought about the lawyer. Even looked up the correct lawyer for the situation. The problem is if they are not willing to work me at this what will happen when I get a lawyer. If push comes to shove i will but I think at this point it will be a huge expense that will go no where.

Just my thoughts. I'll post more when I have new information.

I didn't know the case had fluid in it. Thanks for answering my question

Wallers