Sometimes I do stupid stuff when I'm angry...

/ Sometimes I do stupid stuff when I'm angry... #1  

skidsareforkids

Bronze Member
Tractor
LS XR4040
...Sometimes I do really good work when I'm angry.

I was moving some brush when an oak limb came through my brush guard and did this.
IMG_1516_zpsw4tj1xkg.jpg

I don't think it will be a problem in the future.
IMG_1513_zps6lxc5mj2.jpg

The astute will notice the mounting bracket of my brush guard does not look like theres. While I had it off I cut the bracket off and welded a new one one since the original one had been previously bent. This one is slightly thicker and extends pasts the sides, this way I had more surface area to get welds in.

/ Sometimes I do stupid stuff when I'm angry... #2  
Awesome Job, Looks pretty robust.... What did the damage to the tractor cost if you don't mind me asking

/ Sometimes I do stupid stuff when I'm angry... #3  
That's why I installed expanded metal on my guard last January 2015. I don't want anything getting through that guard either.
Sorry to hear about your headlight lens damage.
Good job on installing yours.

Attachments

• DSCN1473 (Large).JPG
    DSCN1473 (Large).JPG
    422.4 KB · Views: 319
  • tractor5 (Medium).JPG
    tractor5 (Medium).JPG
    337 KB · Views: 237
   / Sometimes I do stupid stuff when I'm angry...
Awesome Job, Looks pretty robust.... What did the damage to the tractor cost if you don't mind me asking

Couldn't tell you, I'm not going to repair it. It's two pieces of cracked plastic that when I pushed them back together look pretty good from 5 feet.

/ Sometimes I do stupid stuff when I'm angry...
That's why I installed expanded metal on my guard last January 2015. I don't want anything getting through that guard either.
Sorry to hear about your headlight lens damage.
Good job on installing yours.

I like the way you recessed the expanded metal on yours. I laid mine on top, tacked it, finish welded it, and then cut the excess. I was on a time crunch, yours looks much cleaner.

/ Sometimes I do stupid stuff when I'm angry... #6  
You can bond that plastic back, my brother did on my Kubota and saved me $1100 on a new top.

/ Sometimes I do stupid stuff when I'm angry... #7  
Its probably polycarbonate.

/ Sometimes I do stupid stuff when I'm angry... #8  
I like the way you recessed the expanded metal on yours. I laid mine on top, tacked it, finish welded it, and then cut the excess. I was on a time crunch, yours looks much cleaner.

Yeah, it was tough and took a while clamping and bending the edges to fit inside but I wanted a cleaner look to mine. Nothing wrong with yours though. As long as it serves the purpose.

/ Sometimes I do stupid stuff when I'm angry... #9  
How much affect does that have on your headlights, George?

/ Sometimes I do stupid stuff when I'm angry... #10  
Looking at the first pic it looks like a high end pickup front end. LOL.

That there is a fancy schmancy looking tractor with chrome grill and euro headlights. Hopefully it works as good as it looks.