What feature would you like to see?

/ What feature would you like to see? #11  
Good to hear. On the XU there's a dim ((P)) light that hides behind the steering wheel and no audible. The brake doesn't slow it down much, so it's easy to run off without noticing. Luckily I never got too far along...

OT: Not familiar with wet brakes -- is there a wearable pad or lining that must be replaced to restore braking power after lots of use (or misuse) ? Also, do you have to split the back end of the tractor to get to them, or do they have a separate housing?

Don't have to split the tractor but of course the tires will need to be removed and the left and right axle housings need to be removed to access the brakes. There are round discs and plates inside that can be replaced if needed. Looks like a fairly easy job to do (at least for a mechanically minded person), just time consuming. I'm glad it has the beeper that goes off to prevent driving off the the brake engaged. I should never have to replace them with this feature. Other than parking I have never used the brake pedals other than to set the parking brake as taking your foot off the HST slows it right to a stop.

/ What feature would you like to see? #12  
^ Thanks George -- another perk of the HST

I would like to see the demise of the 3ph in favor of a better (faster) but Universal system.
I'm relatively new to 3PHs and tractors, and was commiserating with some buds about how hard it can be to get the PTO splines aligned and onto the shaft. Sometimes it takes a minute (usually when cool and breezy) and sometimes 20 minutes (usually with sweat dripping into my eyes and hands getting all greasy and slippery on a hot and humid day).

Anyway, to your point, I'd gladly keep the 3PH and/or SSQA-style connections if I could run everything hydraulically with the quick connect hoses. All it would take is a high flow hydraulic pump, right? Then no spinning PTO shafts and worries about damaging the PTO or gearbox when incidents occur. This may all be rooted in ignorance, but probably my #1 "wishlist" item would be this ability to run skid steer implements, e.g. brush cutters and a post hole auger, on the loader and not the 3PH.

/ What feature would you like to see? #13  
It takes a lot of HP that a compact tractor doesn't have to spin a high flow pump.

/ What feature would you like to see? #14  
It also takes a lot of money that hobbiest type users couldn't generally afford.

The 3ph QA is a great first step, especially when used with a top and tilt cyl, but more standardization is required. And now, you are paying for 3ph components that you aren't even using.

/ What feature would you like to see? #15  
Other than parking I have never used the brake pedals other than to set the parking brake as taking your foot off the HST slows it right to a stop.

I have to use my brakes slightly when coming to the end of our driveway, where there is a bit of a slope. The HST won't stop it before going out into the road. And yeah, the beeper for the parking brake has already reminded me a couple of times.

/ What feature would you like to see? #16  
I have to use my brakes slightly when coming to the end of our driveway, where there is a bit of a slope. The HST won't stop it before going out into the road. And yeah, the beeper for the parking brake has already reminded me a couple of times.

I should have said the HST will stop me because 90% of the time I'm on level ground. When I load it on my tilt bed I have to set the brake as HST won't hold it on a 12-15 degree angle. There have been a few others that have complained about parking brake not holding on a slope or any slight angle. I don't recall if they came to a solution for their problem. Fortunately mine does hold.

/ What feature would you like to see? #17  
I should have said the HST will stop me because 90% of the time I'm on level ground. When I load it on my tilt bed I have to set the brake as HST won't hold it on a 12-15 degree angle. There have been a few others that have complained about parking brake not holding on a slope or any slight angle. I don't recall if they came to a solution for their problem. Fortunately mine does hold.

I did note right away that the parking brake, if applied by lever only, can be quite difficult to engage completely. Release is harder, too. Perhaps those with that problem aren't depressing the brake pedals to engage the lever. I could see how that might cause some potential slippage. Mine works great.

/ What feature would you like to see? #18  
I did note right away that the parking brake, if applied by lever only, can be quite difficult to engage completely. Release is harder, too. Perhaps those with that problem aren't depressing the brake pedals to engage the lever. I could see how that might cause some potential slippage. Mine works great.

I agree, pulling the parking brake alone does not apply the brake enough to hold the tractor on a slope.

/ What feature would you like to see? #19  
I use the brakes for parking and when running in high range. Our driveway is at the bottom of a pretty good hill, and it over revs the engine to slow down without assistance from the brakes.

/ What feature would you like to see? #20  
I'm asking for a decent toolbox that isn't mounted on a fender or impossible to access. Also, I'd like see a factory option or way to mount a "rock box" so when doing work in the yard or field you can put a couple rocks. something factory made could easily mount to some of the threaded holes I see.