Shop Manual Worth Getting?

/ Shop Manual Worth Getting? #2  
Wow!
And I thought when I paid $80 for my Kubota M4700 manual it was expensive.

/ Shop Manual Worth Getting? #3  
I wouldn't buy one until you need it. I bought one for my tractor off eBay for either $60 or $80. $300 sounds way high.

/ Shop Manual Worth Getting?
Wow!
And I thought when I paid $80 for my Kubota M4700 manual it was expensive.

yea, that is what I thought. Just do not know how they get them and I can't find any other place unless I can get one from a dealer. They may be a dealer not sure and just priced them high due to no one else selling them. Also not a fan of buying it when I need it because then I'd have to wait to find it or have it delivered. But at the same time I don't want to pay $300 for a manual.

Last edited:
   / Shop Manual Worth Getting? #5  
I'd be very surprised if your dealer wouldn't sell you one. I have the service manuals for both of my machines. Super handy to have around. One person on here pointed out that they're useful to have while you own the tractor, and will help you when you want to sell it. Think about it from a buyer's perspective. I'd much rather buy a machine that, one: comes with the shop manual, and two: was maintained with help of the manual by someone who understands the importance of routine maintenance and properly completing repairs. Good selling point in my book.

Hopefully you don't have to pay $300, but it's probably worth whatever you have to pay.

/ Shop Manual Worth Getting? #6  
I used to buy shop manuals for everything but eventually smartened up. Now if I need some information bad I usually ask first online. Next I'll look for a pdf copy as it takes up a lot less physical room. They are usually a lot cheaper too and and I can print off the pages I need.

This summer I replaced the straw chopper on a 7120 Case IH combine. It's a lot of work and I just went to the dealer where the parts were bought and asked them to print me a copy of the installation instructions. In a few minutes I had about 25 pages of factory printed instructions in my hands.

/ Shop Manual Worth Getting? #7  
This reminds me I need to go to my dealer and order one.

I've got service manuals for all my equipment. They generally pay for themselves the first repair you do.