Newbie Needs Help with PHD

/ Newbie Needs Help with PHD #1  

alexsbuddy

Gold Member
Tractor
LS XG3037 w/ LS LL3109 FEL Kodiak SD5 Mower, Speeco Model 65 PHD, Bush Hog BX-600 Box Blade, Titan 42" Skid Steer Pallet Fork/Hay Spear Combo
I have an XG3037 and inherited a Ford 903 PHD that I decided to hook up to the tractor for some weekend work. It was a bear getting hooked up but finally got all three points hitched. Problem is that I cannot raise it high enough to get the auger bit off the ground. Is it possible that the auger bit is too long for use on my tractor or is it more likely that I don't have the hitch points set correctly? I am kinda stuck until I figure this out. Don't want to take the PHD off unless I have to so I thought I had better get some more experienced opinions on this. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Here are a couple of before and after pictures. Thanks.

Attachments

• PHD After.jpg
    PHD After.jpg
    3 MB · Views: 273
  • PHD Before.jpg
    PHD Before.jpg
    4.4 MB · Views: 525
   / Newbie Needs Help with PHD #2  
I appears that the Ford tractor geometry is quite a bit different.

The arch mountings holes need to be moved forward in the main frame, to at least where the red circle is, if not more.

PHDhole.jpg

Adjusting your lift links shorter wont help much as the arch is almost parallel to the main frame when raised now, so raising the pins won't help.

Bruce

/ Newbie Needs Help with PHD #3  
The 903 was designed by Danuser for Ford for 600/800, 2000/4000, 40 hp class of tractors, which at the time were the smallest tractors offered. You have a sub-compact tractor and as Bruce said, changing the yoke attachment point is the only way to get the digger to remotely work on your small tractor.
It will be pretty heavy on the tractor and may be difficult to control.
I have to ask, is the center point connected directly to the tractor without the toplink? Your daytime picture shows the center point on your toplink, but it appears correct in the nightime picture. Just hard to see.

/ Newbie Needs Help with PHD #4  
I think TractorTech has it (mostly) right. The 3037 is a compact, not a sub-. You'll need to connect the center point directly to the tractor without the toplink to have any hope of lifting that thing.

/ Newbie Needs Help with PHD
I really appreciate the responses. When doing the hookup to the tractor (after picture) I actually did have the center point attached directly to the receiver. In the before picture I had the toplink on it just to hold the front up while I was unchaining it from the rafters and posts.

However, today I moved the center point to the bottom hole of the receiver and did some adjustments on the lower link arms. This gained me about 4-5 inches in height, but the end result is that I am still 1.5" short of it dragging the ground.Suffice to say, I have resigned myself to the fact that it just isn't going to work on my tractor. Kind of a bummer...I had used this PHD many, many times with my father-in-law on his Ford tractor and had really hoped to use it again.

Will put it in on CL and start doing some research on a new one that is a better fit for my tractor. Thanks again.

/ Newbie Needs Help with PHD #6  
One thing about the 903, it was built very stout. The gearbox is basically the Danuser F1 equivalent which is a commercial PHD. Don't sell it too cheap!

/ Newbie Needs Help with PHD #7  
Most PHD's have a long row of holes to adjust the lift, unlike your Ford one made to fit a specific tractor series.

ETA-7500-PHD-3.jpg

Bruce

/ Newbie Needs Help with PHD #8  
Take your top link off it's not supposed to be used with the postal digger

/ Newbie Needs Help with PHD
TractorTech, what would you estimate that a fair price for the 903 should be when I list it on CL? Here a couple of pictures...I have disassembled it for easier storage and transportation. Thanks.

ID Plate.jpgFull.jpg

/ Newbie Needs Help with PHD #10  
Did you try what KenB said. Remove the adjustable top link and connect the PHD directly to the tractor where the top link would go then connect your lower arms.