LS Backhoe - removal questions

/ LS Backhoe - removal questions #1  

Alaska247

Tractor
3040i
I have a 2011 i3040 with the factory LB2100 Back Hoe. I took the Hoe off for the winter and attached a back-blade. When attempting to properly adjust the sway-control arms, so the side-to-side swing was in recommended range, I ran into a conundrum.

I started with the 3pt just high enough to have the back blade off the ground, then adjusted the sway links. When I attempted to raise the 3pt to max height, it stopped before reaching top. On inspection - the side to side sway was completely gone and the whole "system" was completely rigid. So I lowered the 3pt, loosened the sway links, raised the 3pt to max height and readjusted. When I dropped the 3pt, the same thing happened - rigid.

In looking over the design, I believe the problem is caused by the relocation of the lower arms when the back hoe mount was installed. This is causing the lift arms and the way link arms to rotate on different radii. Thus causing the system to lock up when the arms swing from one stop to the other.

I've attached a couple pics to show what I'm looking at. Am I supposed to remove the center back-hoe bracket and re-locate the lower arms? It seems strange that the bracket has pins for the arms, but they don't really seem to work as it should. Am I missing an adjustment?

Close up pins.jpg
Pins.jpg

Thanks in advance for your thoughts on this matter.