DEALER REPLY TO "FILTER SCAM ALERT" POST

/ DEALER REPLY TO "FILTER SCAM ALERT" POST #1  

bttractor

Tractor
LS/XG3037
I work at Barton Tractor. We are the owners of W W W .LSTRACTORPARTS4LESS. C O M. We are a small town dealership in PA, which all of this can be seen at our website. We drop ship filters DIRECTLY from LS. That is why we are able to cut costs, and sell the filters online for a cheaper price than you will find anywhere else.

This post is in reply to a post from DAVESTEVE posted on 7/1/2016. Here is what his post reads:

I'll tell you my story. You choose if you want to avoid Barton tractor or not.
So I'm looking for filters for the first time and I find alternatives (cheaper) for the LS filters thru Wix, etc. But I can't find a cheaper HST Filter for whatever reason. A few places list the OEM LS filter for HST at around $40. OK, that's expensive for a filter, but it's OEM and everyone knows you pay more for "brand name" parts.

So I find this place: LSTractorParts4Less
It says right on their parts page, qoute, "All of our products are OEM products. Shipped from the Manufacturers directly." And they have a picture of the LS OEM part in the listing.
So I can't find a cheaper brand of part #40007563, so I buy the $40 OEM part from them, +$6 shipping. $46
What I get in the mail is a "Zinga" filter. I look it up and it's $8 retail. Barton probably buys them for $4.
So Barton multiplies by ten times and sells for $40. Nice profit, but a little over the top even for "dealer part prices".
Yea, they ripped me good. Partly my fault, buyer beware of unscrupulous sellers, and all that.
Lesson learned on the old bait and switch.
Oh, and for those of you who say just return it...they have a catch for that too. You can return an item , IF, they receive it less than 7 days after you bought it. By the time I got it and opened it, 4 days from order date had passed. My mistake again. I did not open the box the day I received it. I assumed they had sent me an OEM part, like they promise. DON"T ASSUME...
And, even if you can get it back that fast...15% restocking fee.
At this point I could go into a rant about evil sellers, but I can't be bothered. You can draw your own conclusions.

First of all, we want to say we are a family owned business. Our prices, whether it be parts or tractors, are very competitive and usually lower than any of our competition. We started the LStractorparts4less site to accommodate our customers if they are within some driving distance from our shop and to also build rapor with other customers as well that do not live near a dealership and need access to the parts and filters. Parts are drop shipped from LS out of North Carolina. We have been selling LS since 2011.

First, it should be noted, that the Zinga branded filter that is used on the XR3135H(which is what "DAVESTEVE' HAS), as well as many other models included with a hydrostatic transmission, is not manufactured by Ls corporation, and here is why.

The hydrostatic units are NOT manufactured by LS. LS has them made elsewhere. Instead of LS selling a filter for a product they do not produce (in other word, selling a filter with the LS Name on it) THEY FOLLOW THE RECOMMENDATIONS OF THE MANUFACTURER OF THAT ITEM. So in this case, the manufacturer recommends the usage of Zinga branded filters on their products.

Also, for those out there that may believe that the Zinga Filters are some sort of "off-brand" item, you should know this:
These filters come on all of the tractors with hydrostatic transmissions sold by LS, not some of them, all of them. You see it is easy to make an assumption that the filter is not "OEM" because the filter on the LS tractors are black in color, where as the Zinga filters are in white.

When the tractor leaves the factory, its entire chassis is painted black. This is done when the filters are ALREADY INSTALLED. Thus, the original filter will appear to be different then the ones bought from us or from another dealer.

The filter in question is part#40007563. OUR PRICE on this filter from LS is $32.14. That is what we pay LS as a dealer, for the filter. HE paid $41.78, which comes straight from our suggested retail price list FROM LS. IT IS IN FACT A ZINGA FILTER AE-10. This is the filter that LS has been sending us since we have been involved with them since 2011. THIS IS THE OEM FILTER THAT LS SENDS THE DEALERS. WE DO NOT GO TO ZINGA FOR OUR FILTERS! WE DO NOT PAY $4 AND MULTIPLY BY 10 TO MAKE A PROFIT. If you doubt us, please call down to LS Parts Department and ask them.

This is one of the down sides of these forums and the internet. People that do not know what they are talking about spread false information and SLANDER A DEALERSHIP HURTING THE REPUTATION. This could have all been resolved by a quick phone call to our dealership and we would have explained this to him. Or, like mentioned, he could have called LS and they could tell him the same thing.

We have always been very competitive with our pricing on machines and parts and care about our customers enough to be completely honest with them. Usually we do not have time to deal with this kind of thing, but when someone tries to spread this false information about a dealership we feel we have no other choice but to respond.

20161119_130451.jpg

Thank you,

Barton Tractor

/ DEALER REPLY TO "FILTER SCAM ALERT" POST #2  
As a 20 year dealership employee and TBN member for over 15 years let me welcome you to TBN.

On balance this is a useful resource for everyone. Then there are instances like this...........................

Dealer bashing is rampant here, but nobody complains when the voice of experience voluntarily saves somebody tens, hundreds, or even thousands of dollars.

/ DEALER REPLY TO "FILTER SCAM ALERT" POST #3  
I don't believe Dealer bashing is rampant on TBN. I wish my HST filter was 46.00. Thanks for setting the record straight and welcome to TBN..

/ DEALER REPLY TO "FILTER SCAM ALERT" POST #4  
Rampant is probably too strong a term. And my perspective is slanted, for certain. But when dealer bashing occurs it typically is vigorously supported.

/ DEALER REPLY TO "FILTER SCAM ALERT" POST #5  
Rampant is probably too strong a term. And my perspective is slanted, for certain. But when dealer bashing occurs it typically is vigorously supported.
And I wish all the HST filters I sold were invoiced at $46.

/ DEALER REPLY TO "FILTER SCAM ALERT" POST #6  
I tried going to the site listed Store Temporarily Closed for Maintenance and it says closed for a few days in September and to check back later. What's up with that? Must need a lot of maintenance.:laughing:

/ DEALER REPLY TO "FILTER SCAM ALERT" POST #8  
Thank you for taking the time to respond to the accusations. I completely understand your situation and you have my support. I only hope the "end-user" portion of the membership here realizes what is actually happening and that they don't intentionally have a negative impact on your business.

/ DEALER REPLY TO "FILTER SCAM ALERT" POST #9  
Sounds like a reasonable explanation to me.

/ DEALER REPLY TO "FILTER SCAM ALERT" POST #10  
And the Zinga 40007563 cross references to a Wix 51551 that sells for $7. to $13. .... So now everyone knows to do a little research and avoid dealers prices period.