XR4140 loader lift

/ XR4140 loader lift #1  

twoodard04

Tractor
in market
Looking at a hydro xr4140 for use on my property. One of the uses will be moving pallets of wood pellets from my barn to the garage as needed through the winter. I burn about 4 ton a year. So it the ground is hard the trailer can be brought right to the barn and offloaded but bringing them up to the garage would be done with the tractor only. With proper ballast would this tractor lift and carry #2000 on forks? None of the lifting would be over a couple feet and during the moving portion it could be as low at 6-8" off the ground. Thanks

/ XR4140 loader lift #2  
The XR4140 has a Lift Capacity(@ Pivot pin), lbs. 2,713, Breakout Force(@ Pivot pin), lbs. 3,802.
You should have no problem moving 2000 lb pallets. Before you buy, ask the dealer to set up the tractor with forks and a 2K load to see how it handles the load.

/ XR4140 loader lift #3  
I used to have that tractor and loader (older version). I performed pallet lift tests with it. 2000# was the max I could lift (on top of pallets and the weight of the forks). My forks weigh 375#. When I say "lift" I mean lifting it to a working height, 4 ft off the ground. Other members with this loader have reported similar results.

FYI

http://www.tractorbynet.com/forums/...ng/297621-fun-loader-tonight-pallet-fork.html

Last edited:
   / XR4140 loader lift #4  
The pallets of pellets I get have 60 bags per pallet and my XR4140 could not lift an entire pallet of 60 bags. When I took off 10 bags then my tractor would lift the 2000lbs of pellets (plus the weight of the pallet and forks). I do have loaded rear tires and had a 3pt implement on that weighs 1000lbs so I'm not sure what it would have done with no rear ballast.