Loader XJ2025H Loader w/ forks question

/ XJ2025H Loader w/ forks question #1  

tomplum

Elite Member
Tractor
XJ2025H
Since we've gotten the new tractor, it has rained. And rained. And rained. It gives me time to do things like customize the bucket etc. Today in between rain and sleet, I got to play more with the forks. We picked up a couple of stacks of pallets to put yard stuff on to move out of the way so we can eventually work on that area should it ever quit raining. The forks I have are 36" so I load the pallet accordingly, keeping more weight towards the inside. In moving some rocks, I find they add up quick weight wise. As one would thing rocks would. I put a few more on that it wanted to lift the first time- in my mind thinking I was in the area of 500 pounds. Either I was wrong which is entirely possible- or I am expecting to much.
My thought was to experiment on a better day with some known weight. What should I expect weight wise to be able to lift if a pallet was evenly loaded? From the ground up vs moving a pallet off the back of a truck? I noted too that there isn't much power to curl / tilt the forks back with much load at all. Does this seem normal? I'm running the hydraulics at WOT. They plumbed the backhoe through an extra set of remotes. It doesn't seem to make a difference if that is powered up or not.

/ XJ2025H Loader w/ forks question #2  
Your loader lift cap. is 1270 lbs at the pins. Lifting a pallet with the weight way forward of the pins lessens the amount you can lift or curl. Leverage is against you.

Think of lifting a weight from the ground by your feet with your hands. Say its 100 lbs, most people can easily lift it straight up to waist height and hold it. Think of your hips as the loader pins. Now extend your arms straight out and have someone place the 100 lbs on your hands. Due to leverage I doubt most people could hold it very long if at all since the weight is further away from the hips (pins).

It will take some experimentation to figure what your forks can safely lift.

/ XJ2025H Loader w/ forks question #3  
I'm running the hydraulics at WOT.

RPM only affects flow. Pressure should be the same from idle to WOT if the pump is not worn.

Try it at idle, you should hear the pressure relief valve open. Can't get any more pressure at higher RPM, only faster flow.

/ XJ2025H Loader w/ forks question
Thanks for your replies.The tractor has 6 hours on it. I really need to experiment lifting a pallet vs with the loader bucket too. I thought someone may have a general idea on what it should lift. Like a percentage of lift at the pins. I'll set a pallet up adding a bag of concrete at a time to give me a better idea. I get the effect of lifting further away from the pins. I didn't see a spec on what the SSQA forks weigh themselves either. As it drys out, I'll get more seat time. The manual refers to a blockage or an improperly set relief valve. If it seems like I'm not getting the lift I should , I would suspect something isn't set up right.

/ XJ2025H Loader w/ forks question #5  
I'm in the same boat you are and am interested to hear the results of your weight test. I have same tractor with pin on forks and had the same experience where it seemed like it should lift more than it does. My guess is that mine will lift about 400 lbs at the end of my pin on forks attached to my bucket. I understand that is a lot of leverage 3+ feet away from the pins. I would consider buying a ssqa fork setup if I knew that would give me a solid gain in capacity.

/ XJ2025H Loader w/ forks question #6  
sbct, can you explain or post a picture of your pin on forks?

This is my pin on bucket and pin on brush fork:

P9060020.JPG

P9050004.JPG

These are pin top forks:

73122-42x4wx1-3-4-thick-pin-type-bucket-loader-pallet-forks-forklift-1-pair.jpg

And clamp on forks:

clamponfork1.jpg

/ XJ2025H Loader w/ forks question #7  
I meant clamp on.

I will get to it, but first I want to check the hydraulic pressure.*** Does anyone have a spec for this?*** In my immediate area, there are not experienced LS dealers. Both have had the line since last year. One doesn't ever answer his phone and the other is at least interested in building his dealership and has a shop. So I took an afternoon to look over the tractor well. Tractor maintenance does not intimidate me, but an electronic manual would be good. One member here said he got a service manual on a thumb drive, but my dealer couldn't even find a listing for one. One thing I did thus far is transfer some firewood to one pallet so I could move it out of the way. I did use the full area of the skid, but stacked 2 rows near the rack of the forks high as would hold on and it did about what I thought it should. I am going to cut back some IBCs about a third so that I can season and bring wood up to the house from the back. Figuring this little beast should be able to manage that. The SSQA I have the manufacturer wrote me back and said it was close to 300# . And that is a small one.

/ XJ2025H Loader w/ forks question #9  
I was able to copy and paste some info from my manual. I am no hyd expert, but I believe 2133psi is the max setpoint for the main relief valve.

Hope it helps

3. HYDRAULIC HOUSING & OTHER COMPONENTS
3.1 SPECIFICATIONS
3.1.1 HYDRAULIC SYSTEM
3P HITCH CONTROL ............................................................................................................Position control
SYSTEM .................................................................................................................................... Open center
MAIN PUMP TYPE ...................................................................................................................... Gear pump
3.1.2 PUMP
HST TYPE
PUMP 1
TYPE ...................................................................................................................................................... Gear
LOCATION ............................................................................................... Left side of the Hydraulic housing
ROTATION (VIEWED FROM INPUT SHAFT) ...................................................................................... C.W
DISPLACEMENT (cc/rev) ......................................................................................................................... 10
PUMP 2 (TANDEM)
DISPLACEMENT (cc/rev) .....................................................................................................................9 X 4
MEC TYPE
PUMP 1
LOCATION ..........................................................................................................................................Engine
ROTATION (VIEWED FROM INPUT SHAFT) ...................................................................................C.C.W
DISPLACEMENT (cc/rev) ......................................................................................................................... 12
3.1.3 FILTER
TYPE .......................................................................................................................................Paper cartridge
LOCATION .............................................................................Right/Left(MEC type) side under transmission
3.1. HST OIL FILTER
TYPE .........................................................................................................................Spin on, paper cartridge
LOCATION .............................................................................................................Under the operator’s seat
FLOW ................................................................................................26ℓ(7 us. gal) @ 1353 kPa (196.2 psi)
3.1. CONTROL VALVE
RATED FLOW ..........................................................................10ℓ/min(3 us. gpm) @ 8825 kPa (1280 psi)
MAX. PRESSURE ........................................................................................................ 10756 kPa(1560 psi)
3.1.6 RELIEF VALVE
PRESSURE SET .......................................................................................................... 150kg/cm2(2133psi)
LOCATION ......................................... Installed on direction valve on the right side of the hydraulic housing
3.1. CYLINDER TYPE
QUANTITY AND TYPE .......................................................................................................... 1, single acting
LOCKING TYPE ........................................................................................................ Hydraulic Poppet valve
3.1. OTHERS
OIL TANK LOCATION ...................................................................................................... Transmission case
REMOTE HYDRAULIC COUPLER ................................................................................................SAE 3/8”
NUMBER OF QUANTITY ................................................................................................................. 2 (Rear)

3.2. MAIN RELIEF VALVE
The hydraulic system relief valve (1) is located to the right
of the Hydraulic Power Lift (HPL), (2). The relief valve
pressure setting is 14707 kPa (2133 psi) . The relief valve
is adjustable, by loosening the jam nut (3) and turning the
valve stem (4) clockwise to increase relief pressure or
counterclockwise to decrease pressure.
J200W636A
STATIC DESCRIPTION

Thank you Plas62. These seem to be the droids we are looking for... I'll post back the results soon. I have the ends on the valve , ready to go.