LSxr4040 cab tractor modifications

/ LSxr4040 cab tractor modifications #1  

Retchr

Tractor
LS XR4040, New Holland TC30
I typically do not post, but thought it was time for me to contribute. Here are the changes I have made to my xr4040 cab tractor.

1. Converted loader to self leveling because I was used to this feature on prior tractors.
2. Converted quick attach bucket to hydraulic so I don't have to get out of the cab. Incorporated front hydraulic outlets.
3. Upgraded the speakers and added a sub woofer. Now the sound is good.
4. Added an outside three point lift control.
5. Added a rear view camera.
6. Solved the bucket-flop issue that is inherent with non-regen hydraulic systems.
7. Added a small tool box.

I was careful to design and make these changes so that they look "factory".

If anyone is interested, I will post pictures.

/ LSxr4040 cab tractor modifications #2  
Yes please post pics. I'm interested in your hydraulic quick-tach, self leveling loader, external 3pt lever, audio...

/ LSxr4040 cab tractor modifications #3  
Sure! I'd like to see how you did it.

/ LSxr4040 cab tractor modifications #4  
Agree, post pics. I'm interested in how you converted loader to self leveling, where you found room to put a sub woofer, and how you solved bucket flop.

/ LSxr4040 cab tractor modifications
IMGP1689.JPGIMGP1691.JPGIMGP1693.JPGIMGP1698.JPGIMGP1700.JPG

The first photo is what it takes to convert to self leveling. Some I machined from raw material. I bought the pins from LS($15 each x 8), the rocker boxes came from LS at $82 each.
I wanted a 4 degree roll back at the high position so it took some math and still had to tweek it by trial and error before welding. The position of the upper pins in relation to the lower pins controls the geometry.
The cylinders had to be extended.
The pivot points for the rocker boxes needed to be modified and reinforced.
I built a simple jig so that the parallel arm ends were kept in precise position. The ends were very time consuming ie drilling 8" in steel. I have since discovered DOM tube which makes the process simpler and cheaper.
The hydraulic hoses were too short and needed to be lengthened.
Used genuine LS paint but found that Krylon safety blue is 1/4 the price.
The last photo should be the finished product. It has been in use for 2.5 years without a problem and have lifted over 2000 lb chunks of concrete on forks.
It was a lot of work but that is how I have fun and in my opinion, it was worth it.

/ LSxr4040 cab tractor modifications #6  
Looks like you have hyd connections on the loader cross member. Can you take a pic of that setup. 3rd function I assume.

/ LSxr4040 cab tractor modifications #7  
Very nice work making it self leveling. I think it would be too cost prohibitive for me since I can't machine my own parts. Too bad my 3037 has a different loader or I'd have you build the same set up for me.
Maybe there are other 4040 owners that would be interested since you've done all the hard calculations.

/ LSxr4040 cab tractor modifications #8  
Nice!! I love the self leveling bucket!! If I ever get bored, I'm going to have to do the same!! :)

/ LSxr4040 cab tractor modifications #9  
Please share the rest of your modifications. Converting the SSQA to hydraulic is on my to do list

/ LSxr4040 cab tractor modifications #10  
Bump, would like to see more pics and hear more details!