Amsoil hydro fluid

/ Amsoil hydro fluid #1  

Bluesteel

Gold Member
Tractor
LS MT 357HC
As I approach my 500 hr. service as recommended per LS to change the hydraulic fluid (11.4 gallons) I checked into changing with Amsoil synthetic hydro fluid. I was shocked when 15 gallons with tax was over $720.00. Needless to say I'm not going that route. I'm sure it's a great fluid and am not bashing Amsoil at all but I just couldn't justify the cost. I'm just going to use a good quality fluid possibly from NAPA or equivalent. Does anyone use Amsoil hydro fluid?

/ Amsoil hydro fluid #2  
I did on my branson 2400H last summer due to having some issues with cold weather the previous winter. It only holds 3 gallons so $$$ wasn't quite so bad. Never got cold enough this winter to confirm that the money was well spent though.

/ Amsoil hydro fluid #3  
I use it, but my tractor only holds about 4 gal.

/ Amsoil hydro fluid #4  
So another poster ( Plas62 I believe ) has the same model LS as I and did his hydro with this and he liked the stuff as I recall. AMSOIL Synthetic Tractor Hydraulic/Transmission Oil SAE 5W-3
So it's $225 a pail picked up, but if you give them a $10 membership in their triangular business plan club it is I think $155.

/ Amsoil hydro fluid #5  
303 universal tractor fluid